The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

evemccc

Visit site

Rafa is well past it, 100% yesterday’s man in terms of football in 2022…just like Mourinho

Liverpool fans fawning over him…yet for years they played turgid, defensive football under his stewardship

It’s telling that their two biggest club stalwarts, Gerrard and Carragher, both didn’t get on with him

Yet their herd-like mentality fans are still obsessed with him

Golfmmad

Tour Winner
Visit site
I still vividly recall being at Old Trafford all those years ago when United demolished Roma 7-1. And I am always happy to tell anyone who asks that the best player on the pitch that night wasn’t one of the “big” names, it was Darren Fletcher.

Hugely underrated player, at least by those who don’t actually know their football.
I remember watching that game on TV. I think it was when Alan Smith played for Utd. Right from the whistle they were all over Roma with a high press, (yes, even that long ago) and Smith led the line brilliantly. Fergie must have really fired 'Em up for that game!

D

Deleted member 15344

Rafa is well past it, 100% yesterday’s man in terms of football in 2022…just like Mourinho

Liverpool fans fawning over him…yet for years they played turgid, defensive football under his stewardship

It’s telling that their two biggest club stalwarts, Gerrard and Carragher, both didn’t get on with him

Yet their herd-like mentality fans are still obsessed with him

Will always be the manager that won CL 2005 ? can’t take that away from him

No idea about Gerrard and Carragher not “getting on with him”

For us he was superb

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
If you look at the pictures there's only one player between him and the goal. The keeper is in front of him so he's offside.

FJO-_NVXIAMOYuK
Very good point. Completely missed where the keeper was ?

Still a nonsense decision considering what was allowed to stand last weekend.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
The WHU vs Leeds game was funto watch.
The quality of passing, first touch and control was absolutely awful.
The levels of effort and commitment were commendable.
Dan James, he's just awful.
I think Leeds were worthy winners today.
Declan Rice ............................ a Rolls Royce cruising amongst the bedlam, he really is a class apart.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Declan Rice ............................ a Rolls Royce cruising amongst the bedlam, he really is a class apart.
Have you put Rice on your Christmas list?
He would look good in a Liverpool shirt.

D

Deleted member 15344

Think there will be an auction for him in the summer IF West Ham arent in the CL. Be very surprised if any of the top 3 sides arent in for him

With us having Fabinho I can’t see the club looking at him , would prefer Bellingham . United is the club that would really need him - Chelsea might want to pair him with Kante

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Can't understand Rafa saying he was surprised at the size of the task https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/59532271 Surely that's why you have meetings with the board and do some research into the squad and what might be needed. At the end of the day a manager not capable of assembling a side, getting them to play together and find a way to change things when they weren't working. I wonder if that'll be him done as a PL manager

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

He will be England captain one day. Kane isn't a leader tbh. He isn't even spurs captain. Great striker not a good leader

Liverpool I think unfortunately would be perfect for rice .. Henderson getting on would be a great replacement

City he would be one of many

Chelsea can't afford to buy back another one they let go.

Man United have too many problems , they need to sort that out first

Anyone else he would be lowering himself as he can push us further with him in team so why leave to be the same? Arsenal and spurs are better sides but he will want to be challenging for cups

On a side note with Everton why sell digne If sacking Rafa was even an option

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
On a side note with Everton why sell digne If sacking Rafa was even an option
They had bought his replacement so one in, one out. Now, why go ahead with the purchase................? It's why we have an unbalanced squad with a mix of players bought by multiple managers. Next guy comes in, might not like the new left back and the mess gets deeper. Another player on a 3-4 yr contract that we can't move on as his wages are PL level. Hopefully, of course, he will be a good player and we have done well out of it. Saying that, Villa have got a proven PL player who will provide plenty of assists and is a very good defender to boot. You don't want to lose players like that.

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
They had bought his replacement so one in, one out. Now, why go ahead with the purchase................? It's why we have an unbalanced squad with a mix of players bought by multiple managers. Next guy comes in, might not like the new left back and the mess gets deeper. Another player on a 3-4 yr contract that we can't move on as his wages are PL level. Hopefully, of course, he will be a good player and we have done well out of it. Saying that, Villa have got a proven PL player who will provide plenty of assists and is a very good defender to boot. You don't want to lose players like that.

Right in his prime aswell. Such a good player

I'm gutted we didn't go for him

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Have you put Rice on your Christmas list?
He would look good in a Liverpool shirt.
Oi. Stop that!
I was unfortunate enough to be present this afternoon.
It reminded me of one of my son's youth football games, where we had a lad that ended up going pro, but the other 10 were just normal...
Fair play to Leeds though, pressed hard all game, moved the ball well and never looked in trouble at the back (except for corners).
I don't think there's another team in the prem who would be playing our central defence.
Was an enjoyable day out despite all that. Better than staying at home and watching the telly, and definitely better than my golf game.

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Oi. Stop that!
It reminded me of one of my son's youth football games, where we had a lad that ended up going pro, but the other 10 were just normal...
Fair play to Leeds though, pressed hard all game, moved the ball well and never looked in trouble at the back (except for corners).
I don't think there's another team in the prem who would be playing our central defence.
Was an enjoyable day out despite all that. Better than staying at home and watching the telly, and definitely better than my golf game.

Dawson is ok, when zouma is back we will be fine..diop is 4th choice for a reason

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Given Rice is only 23 he'll be a permanent England fixture for many years to come. Sadly money will talk and he'll go to Liverpool, City or maybe one of the big European clubs. He is a class act and hopefully will only get better and better

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Given Rice is only 23 he'll be a permanent England fixture for many years to come. Sadly money will talk and he'll go to Liverpool, City or maybe one of the big European clubs. He is a class act and hopefully will only get better and better

He really seems to just enjoy football which is refreshing

Wouldnt mind see him go to Madrid or barca but both are skint ATM

He under contract for like 5 more years but he will go this summer or next

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Oi. Stop that!

Rice was excellent today, when the rest of the team weren’t quite at it.

Shame Philips was injured as it would be good to see them playing against each other whilst on form.

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
Oi. Stop that!

Very tired performance today, Leeds have played twice since 18th December we have played 7. And it showed.
Fair play to Leeds though they worked incredibly hard, pressed us out the game and deserved the result. Having said that we had enough chances to have got something today so I’m not too upset, need players in though badly…. the bench is threadbare and we have players running on fumes.