The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Swango1980

Visit site
So Ralf Rangnick for Interim Manager at Utd

Did well at Hoffenhiem but more recently been more of a director of football at red Bulls and then stepping in when needed

Wonder if he will stay on as director of football after

Potentially, maybe that is part of the long term plan. Not just to get an interim manager in and bin him in the summer, but to bring him in as interim manager now, and then have him as a leading coach (like McClaren to Fergie sort of thing) or director of football. Hard to tell with United. I wonder who they interviewed.

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
Potentially, maybe that is part of the long term plan. Not just to get an interim manager in and bin him in the summer, but to bring him in as interim manager now, and then have him as a leading coach (like McClaren to Fergie sort of thing) or director of football. Hard to tell with United. I wonder who they interviewed.

The suggestion I have heard is that his role beyond next summer formed part of the discussions. We have been crying out for a football man further up the chain for years, and this fella certainly ticks the box.

A huge stride in the right direction for me.

Swango1980

Visit site
The suggestion I have heard is that his role beyond next summer formed part of the discussions. We have been crying out for a football man further up the chain for years, and this fella certainly ticks the box.

A huge stride in the right direction for me.
Just been watching a couple of interviews with him. He certainly sounds impressive, I'll give him that. I could never imagine Ole talking about football tactics in such a detailed, articulate manner.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
It's an interesting discussion.... I wonder what early thoughts on Conte are. Normally a new manager gets a reaction.... Seems not so much this time.
Meh, our squad players are mostly duffers which is part of the problem. Dele, can't be bothered, Ndombele, can't be bothered, Gil, looks lightweight, Sanchez, Sunday League player, Doherty, a pale shadow of the player at Wolves, Sessegnon, finally gets a chance and gets himself sent off. What can you really say? It's been clear for a while an overhaul is needed.
I like Conte, but thought they were terrible at the weekend even though they won.
We improved immeasurably in the second half though, so the manager clearly had an impact. Nuno didn't manage that and neither did José by the end. It's still not great but you can't expect miracles until we've at least made it to the next window, see if he can do a bit of a reshuffle.

(Disclaimer: I didn't bother watching tonight's game anyway so I can't comment on the specifics of that.)

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
From
Meh, our squad players are mostly duffers which is part of the problem. Dele, can't be bothered, Ndombele, can't be bothered, Gil, looks lightweight, Sanchez, Sunday League player, Doherty, a pale shadow of the player at Wolves, Sessegnon, finally gets a chance and gets himself sent off. What can you really say? It's been clear for a while an overhaul is needed.

We improved immeasurably in the second half though, so the manager clearly had an impact. Nuno didn't manage that and neither did José by the end. It's still not great but you can't expect miracles until we've at least made it to the next window, see if he can do a bit of a reshuffle.

(Disclaimer: I didn't bother watching tonight's game anyway so I can't comment on the specifics of that.)

Since you missed it here is a flavour of the game from the BBC report….

“Kane gave a glimpse of that famed predatory instinct with his well-taken chipped equaliser. But for the rest of the time he was a lumbering shell of his former self, full of poor touches and fluffed shots.”

??

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site

I wonder if Sessignon regrets leaving Fulham so early? He would have got PL experience last season and continued to build his reputation the season before in the promotion campaign. Hardly been on the pitch at Spurs and another very good player that is still young but now stagnating.