The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Cherry13

Head Pro
Visit site
Quiet on here today,I suppose it’s because none of the big teams are playing till tomorrow.
Not much to really say as a Newcastle fan. 2 huge games coming up, but that was a poor display today. Limited by what’s available to him, but I don’t think this be viewed as positively as the Brentford performance.

Cherry13

Head Pro
Visit site
Any difference to when Bruce was in charge?
I personally think so, certainly in attack there seems to be more effort to get forward in numbers and make something happen.
Still seemed a bit passive in defence and willing to let arsenal dictate things but hopefully we’ll see a big difference next two games.

Mind, I thought Stuart atwell was really poor today, maybe biased but he seemed to be giving them a lot more protection when it came to challenges, none more obvious than when ASM was tackled and the player took him out then touched the ball, then ASM made pretty much the same challenge and a free kick given. Few instances like that. (But def not an excuse).

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
I see they are now called Steven Gerrard's Aston Villa as it was Steven Gerrard's Rangers, don't really get the media love in, £50m spent with Rangers to win one trophy out of 9 in a two horse race, very average manager imho

Perhaps on the basis of your own argument it’s rather soon to say he is a very average manager. I’m more of the view that he is unproven.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Seems unfair that VAR was switched off at the Brentford game after 40 minutes. It was working fine to award Brentford a penalty but when Rondon was having his shirt clearly pulled, nearly ripped off him, it didn't notice o_O. I mean, blimey, how much clearer does a shirt pull in the area have to be?

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Seems unfair that VAR was switched off at the Brentford game after 40 minutes. It was working fine to award Brentford a penalty but when Rondon was having his shirt clearly pulled, nearly ripped off him, it didn't notice o_O. I mean, blimey, how much clearer does a shirt pull in the area have to be?

utterly ridiculous, almost got his shirt off his back

adam6177

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Not to mention the tackle on digne that he's now getting booed for. Countless times I've said VAR officials are incompetent... And they prove it over and over and over again.

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
Very brave selection from Carrick. Three defensively minded midfielders and no number 9 in his starting XI will either be hailed as genius or catastrophic depending on the result.