The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

4LEX

Visit site
It was at that point I turned off. School kids in a playground was exactly what it was like, with prefect Graeme Souness leading the way. I cannot abide the man. Neville was never going to win the debate with that pair sat on the other side of the studio.

Probably because Neville was totally wrong and his support for the nepotism that runs through Man Utd is causing all the issues. Not a great Souness fan myself but seeing him run rings around Neville spells the end. Imagine going to work and being humiliated on a weekly basis by your peers and all your opinions being wrong. And played out infront of millions. Roy Keane isn't stupid, he saw the car crash coming and decided to take his dog for a walk on Sunday.

Red Nev is now an old dog that needs putting out of his misery. He should focus on 'The Overlap' which is actually very, very good. Less of his opinions and letting his guests showcase themselves.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Probably because Neville was totally wrong and his support for the nepotism that runs through Man Utd is causing all the issues. Not a great Souness fan myself but seeing him run rings around Neville spells the end. Imagine going to work and being humiliated on a weekly basis by your peers and all your opinions being wrong. And played out infront of millions. Roy Keane isn't stupid, he saw the car crash coming and decided to take his dog for a walk on Sunday.

Red Nev is now an old dog that needs putting out of his misery. He should focus on 'The Overlap' which is actually very, very good. Less of his opinions and letting his guests showcase themselves.

Sky football for a long time the problem has been Neville and Carra. I don’t mind opinions but rose tinted is an understatement. It would be easy for me to say I don’t like them coz they are reds, but so is Keane. He says it as it is, him and Richards at times are the new Saint and Greavsie. I get that Neville is passionate about Utd but it is a stuck record for the last 18 months. There is more than one team in the prem..

4LEX

Visit site
Personally, I still really like him. I pretty much avoid twitter, so pretty much avoid his political tweets. He's entitled to his opinion, can agree or not agree, but I distance myself from it as much as I can.

Yes, he has not asked for Oles head, and keeps talking about the need to support managers. However, he was also clear he is under massive pressure and was also very clear where he thought we are tactically wrong, and that is the coaching staffs fault. However, if he doesn't want to ask for a mate to get sacked, I respect that. However, even more so, I don't think he has ever asked for any Utd or other manager to be sacked? If that is the case, surely he is being consistent. We know he will never ask for that, that is the board decision. I also respect Carragher voicing his belief that Ole is not good enough and should go. That is his opinion (which I agree with), and he chooses to express that. No problem at all. However, when they know Neville will not openly express the same opinion, I think it gets out of order that they press and press and press it on him, basically to make him look stupid as he refuses to openly agree with them. Was like watching school kids in a playground. Would also be interesting if Gerrard becomes the future Liverpool manager, and after 2 or 3 years Liverpool go downhill. Will Carragher confidently tell us all at home that Gerrard is not good enough and needs to go? I think he'd think twice about it, are be very cagey at least. That would be more hypocritical, as he is happy to call out other managers.

Favourite pundits: Neville, Carragher (yes, still like him as a pundit), Keane, Scholes, Richards (only when Keane is on)
Least favourite: Sutton, Souness, Hargreaves, Jenas, J Redknapp

The coaching staff Ole selected. Obviously totally under qualified, as to not rock the boat. This is Man Utd, not a Sunday pub side. Friendship doesn't come into it, if he's not upto the job it should be made clear. Neville has peddled a load of lies about Mourinho when the bottom line is this, he got a far worse Utd team to second with 83 points and won 2 trophies. Ole has had twice the money and more time and is now sitting way off the pace without a single trophy. How is that progress? Seeing Ole talk about fine margins after the game said it all, it's not fine margins, it's world class coaching that gets trophies.

Gerrard is a different level to Ole, he's already achieved more in a few years than Ole has in 15. But I'm sure Carragher would still put the boot in to him if he was proving to be a failure at Anfield.

Agree to your pundit rating though, although Jamie Redknapp is good value and a top guy. The worst pundit by far is Karen Carney. Underrated goes to Clinton Morrison, he needs more exposure.

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site

I don’t disagree. He was fighting a losing battle because he had the blinkers on. I’m not an enormous Carragher fan either but, on Sunday, I confess that he and Souness made Neville look rather foolish. I just didn’t particularly enjoy the tag team approach they adopted in order to achieve it.

D

Deleted member 1740

Sky football for a long time the problem has been Neville and Carra. I don’t mind opinions but rose tinted is an understatement. It would be easy for me to say I don’t like them coz they are reds, but so is Keane. He says it as it is, him and Richards at times are the new Saint and Greavsie. I get that Neville is passionate about Utd but it is a stuck record for the last 18 months. There is more than one team in the prem..

It's mad how we see/hear things differently. At times, for me, Carra tends to criticise liverpool more than is deserved. Its like he needs to be seen to be impartial so goes the other way with us.

D

Deleted member 1740

I don’t disagree. He was fighting a losing battle because he had the blinkers on. I’m not an enormous Carragher fan either but, on Sunday, I confess that he and Souness made Neville look rather foolish. I just didn’t particularly enjoy the tag team approach they adopted in order to achieve it.

I loved it ?

If it was an uncomfortable watch for the yernited fans, imagine how Neville felt discussing it. I don't think he could've done much more really. He had a choice to either protect OGS or throw him under the bus, he done the former and I'd have expected Carra and Souey to do the same.

D

Deleted member 1740

The coaching staff Ole selected. Obviously totally under qualified, as to not rock the boat. This is Man Utd, not a Sunday pub side. Friendship doesn't come into it, if he's not upto the job it should be made clear. Neville has peddled a load of lies about Mourinho when the bottom line is this, he got a far worse Utd team to second with 83 points and won 2 trophies. Ole has had twice the money and more time and is now sitting way off the pace without a single trophy. How is that progress? Seeing Ole talk about fine margins after the game said it all, it's not fine margins, it's world class coaching that gets trophies.

Gerrard is a different level to Ole, he's already achieved more in a few years than Ole has in 15. But I'm sure Carragher would still put the boot in to him if he was proving to be a failure at Anfield.

Agree to your pundit rating though, although Jamie Redknapp is good value and a top guy. The worst pundit by far is Karen Carney. Underrated goes to Clinton Morrison, he needs more exposure.

I'm sure Carra would but I doubt he'd go to the extent that fans would expect.

I agree with Karen Carney, she's awful. Totally disagree about Morrison too, the less of him the better, I just can't take to him.

D

Deleted member 15344

i find Clinton Morrison the worst one out of the lot on the box

But he isn’t as bad as the likes of Bent , Agbonlahor, O Hara and the most bias one of the lot Sinclair

Sinclair can only ever see two teams - West Ham and Man City - this morning he was talking West Ham up to be challenging City over the next couple of seasons ????

Tashyboy

Visit site
I'm sure Carra would but I doubt he'd go to the extent that fans would expect.

I agree with Karen Carney, she's awful. Totally disagree about Morrison too, the less of him the better, I just can't take to him.
Would it be obtuse of me to suggest she is there because she ticks boxes and not because her assessment, opinions, of the game are rammel.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Ian Wright
Lombardo (yes he really did play for us)
Kenny Sansom

Passion as well as the skills.

Honourable mention to Nigel Martyn, brilliant keeper who simply played for the wrong clubs otherwise would have played more for England.
I thought it was more the fact that he was unlucky to play at the same time as David Seaman.

Tashyboy

Visit site
It is opinions like that which will could get you sacked from your job ;)
Fortunately am retired. ?
Joking aside I do think we need a variety of opinions re football and other topics, but I would sooner have someone that is a bit more experience then me

hairball_89

Club Champion
Visit site
Fortunately am retired. ?
Joking aside I do think we need a variety of opinions re football and other topics, but I would sooner have someone that is a bit more experience then me

With reference to Karen Carney, she is. You may not agree with her opinions, but she is vastly more experienced than anyone here in elite level football.

D

Deleted member 1740

Would it be obtuse of me to suggest she is there because she ticks boxes and not because her assessment, opinions, of the game are rammel.

In my opinion no. The same can be said about the increase of black players getting invited onto the shows. I'm all for it to be honest as long as they're good.

As an example Emma Hayes was brilliant over the Euros. Alex Scott is another good one too.

I don't look at an ex black player or woman and dismiss their opinion or analysis because of who they are, nor do I do the same If it's an ex player of a rival club.

Carney is a better footballer than I'll ever be but I can still disagree with her Co comms or analysis.