The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Kane won’t win the PL if he moves abroad.

I very much doubt he will go abroad

Madrid and Barca are broke and won't be being bailed out by the banks anytime soon

And he clearly wants the all time premier League goal record

I can see him going United, or city

D

Deleted member 16999

I very much doubt he will go abroad

Madrid and Barca are broke and won't be being bailed out by the banks anytime soon

And he clearly wants the all time premier League goal record

I can see him going United, or city
Madrid favourites to sign Mbappe, Poch at PSG and Kane could be seen as the replacement.

Why does he need to go City or United if he “clearly” wants the all time PL goal record.

Plus, let’s not forget he still has 3 yrs left on his current contract and then there’s Levy.

I’m not sure it’s as obvious as you believe.

D

Deleted member 15344

Only have to look at the Bale , Berbatov and Modric transfers to see that a player only leaves Spurs on Levys terms not the player

If Kane does want to go then it won’t be easy - he has a long contract left at a lot of wages , a club is going to have to pay way over £100mil for him and I’m not sure if even City or UTD will pay that much maybe PSG

Kane may have to put transfer requests in etc but there is a fair chance that Kane will still be playing for Spurs come the start of next season.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Plus, let’s not forget he still has 3 yrs left on his current contract and then there’s Levy.

I’m not sure it’s as obvious as you believe.
This is what I've been thinking about to be honest. He signed a deal until 2024 - so realistically you have to sell him at the end of 22/23 as he'll only have one year left then. At that point he'll be 29/30, but given what a machine he is he'll still have a solid three years in him anyway to join someone who wins things. Levy won't sell him this summer unless someone comes in with a really big offer, I'm thinking well over £100m, maybe even 120. If that doesn't happen I can see him playing one more season with the agreement with Levy that if there's no progress, we have to listen to reasonable offers at the end of 21/22. (To get maximum value as well, because if we wait until he's got one year to go it'll be more of a cut price deal.) Kane signed that deal until 2024 after all, which makes me think he was initially happy to stay until he's 29-ish before considering his options. Maybe this season being so bad has just given him something to think about a year earlier that's all.

D

Deleted member 16999

This is what I've been thinking about to be honest. He signed a deal until 2024 - so realistically you have to sell him at the end of 22/23 as he'll only have one year left then. At that point he'll be 29/30, but given what a machine he is he'll still have a solid three years in him anyway to join someone who wins things. Levy won't sell him this summer unless someone comes in with a really big offer, I'm thinking well over £100m, maybe even 120. If that doesn't happen I can see him playing one more season with the agreement with Levy that if there's no progress, we have to listen to reasonable offers at the end of 21/22. (To get maximum value as well, because if we wait until he's got one year to go it'll be more of a cut price deal.) Kane signed that deal until 2024 after all, which makes me think he was initially happy to stay until he's 29-ish before considering his options. Maybe this season being so bad has just given him something to think about a year earlier that's all.
Absolutely, add in the press reports this week about Levy admitting mistakes, he could promise Kane a new manager with plenty of money to spend etc.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Kane may have to put transfer requests in etc but there is a fair chance that Kane will still be playing for Spurs come the start of next season.
When was the last time we saw a player put in an official transfer request? I'm part asking this question to myself because it just doesn't happen now.

They don't do it because that impacts their loyalty bonus :mad:. Nothing to do with money, it never is :rolleyes:

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
A couple of things surprise me with the Kane scenario. He has gone public with a desire to leave. A couple of the spuds fans have said they can understand him wanting to leave. But making it so public, hmmm.
Secondly, Ori mentions that Levy could have an agreement with Kane at the end of next season. Listening to Kane, he says he already has a gentleman’s agreement with Levy. Hmmmm.Wonder what that is. The whole situation sounds a bit like the Messi wrangles of last season

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
When was the last time we saw a player put in an official transfer request? I'm part asking this question to myself because it just doesn't happen now.

They don't do it because that impacts their loyalty bonus :mad:. Nothing to do with money, it never is :rolleyes:
I think it only happens when the player or their agent knows there is another club 100% willing to do the deal and they've already agreed contract terms on the sly.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
A couple of things surprise me with the Kane scenario. He has gone public with a desire to leave. A couple of the spuds fans have said they can understand him wanting to leave. But making it so public, hmmm.
Secondly, Ori mentions that Levy could have an agreement with Kane at the end of next season. Listening to Kane, he says he already has a gentleman’s agreement with Levy. Hmmmm.Wonder what that is. The whole situation sounds a bit like the Messi wrangles of last season
I'm not 100% sure he has done that. Alastair Gold reckons he hasn't said it in so many words, and it's not typically his style either.

If there is an 'agreement', I feel pretty certain it's not going to be "we'll sell you for a bargain price when you've got three years left on your contract". ;)

D

Deleted member 16999

He can't promise him a trophy though which a move to City would probably guarantee.
But that’s only if Kane could stay in England. I don’t believe in the “snippett” released he said English Trophy.?‍♂️

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Lifted from another site

I can’t believe Levy doesn’t get more stick from Spurs fans.

While some admire his negotiation tactics, his underhanded style has alienated Spurs from quite a few clubs. Not so much recently, but not so long ago unsettling players and then paying knock down prices. Short term wins, but it makes long term enemies. I know some Saints fans and they’ll never forgive the Pochetino, Wanyama, Alderwiereld deals.

Then the Pochetino dismissal was a shocker. Not investing for two or three transfer windows with a manager that took them to not only finals, but playing some of the most attractive football in the league. No investment, followed by sacking him, and it was mostly about Levy feeling threatened and wanting to be the main man. Get out the hero manager, no matter what the cost to the club.

Who does he bring in to replace him? The dourest manager ever, who Real Madrid wanted rid of when they won the league, and Man U sacked for similar reasons... awful football, huge ego, divisive personality. And only then does Levy spend huge money trying to win fans over, on a vanity project like Bale. Where was that money for Poch? Why did he bring that manager? ... apparently to win trophies...

Then the ESL... enough said.

Then he sacks Moanio just before the League cup final. The “winner” of a manager, appointed to win a trophy, sacked just before a final... why? Then he appoints a bloke who is clearly way out of his depth, before crucial games for top 7 and European qualification.

How can he now be surprised that Kane wants to leave? No one outside the club is and most ex Spurs players seem to be coming out saying they are unsurprised.

Spot on tbh

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Never did the old Den but been to thenew a couple of times, nowhere near as scary as they like to make it out to be, although the Millwall roar is impressive when they get it going. Goodison is a cracking away. St James Park is another decent day out, although take some binos and a warm coat! Pompey was a bit meh (until we scored, then it was proper limbs;)), Ninian Park was probably the most intimidated I've been at a football match, the new ground isn't a patch on it

Yep, its heart attack hill getting up them stairs at the toon.

Barnsley was one of my first 7 or 8 away games as a kid on the old footy specials. I was about 14 and went on the rattler in the FA cup and the whole town was up for it, scaling 20 foot walls somehow to get into the train station. Leeds can be intimidating, but once you've been to Galatasaray and Juventus away as a Liverpool fan, all pale into significance.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Yep, its heart attack hill getting up them stairs at the toon.

Barnsley was one of my first 7 or 8 away games as a kid on the old footy specials. I was about 14 and went on the rattler in the FA cup and the whole town was up for it, scaling 20 foot walls somehow to get into the train station. Leeds can be intimidating, but once you've been to Galatasaray and Juventus away as a Liverpool fan, all pale into significance.
It's surprising how many Liverpool fans have heart issues at that game. Obviously their 'carer' also needs to take the lift with them :LOL:

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I was the opposite, one year. One of my mates is on kidney dialysis, so I reluctantly accompanied him up in the lift. Ooooo I must have argued for 4 seconds, at least. :D
What I find bizarre is that rickety Goodison has escalators for the higher sections but the far newer stands at St James have nothing. Level 7 from memory to get to the top. Not fun.

D

Deleted member 1418

The Kane situation will only be resolved once everyone knows what's happening with Haaland (and possibly Lewandowski and Mbappe).

Clearly Real, Barca, City, United and Chelsea all want Haaland, but questionable whether Real and Barca can afford him (same with Mbappe).

So if Haaland ends up at City, and Kane only wants to stay in England, then most likely destination is United given Levy won't want to do business with Chelsea (unless we throw 3 or 4 players at Spurs as well as a fee).

But is Kane guarranteed success at United? IMHO United are still 2 or 3 players - even with Kane - short of a side to really challenge City and Liverpool (unfortunately expecting them to improve next season.....??) for the title.

If City is Kane's preferred destination then the only way I can see it working is if Lewandowski leaves Bayern, with Haaland replacing him.

Going to be an interesting summer transfer window!