The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
They have a lot to whinge about though so give them some slack :)

1. Unlikely to qualify for the champions league
2. Probably the worst defence of the P/L title ( can’t be bothered to google) that’s Phils job.
3.Unlikely to attract any big summer signings due to no C/L

Perhaps I should have put it in the “Things that gladden the heart” thread.
Re number 2.

Off top of my head,

Chelsea sacking Mourinho (second time) and Leicester almost being related probably had lower points.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

2. Probably the worst defence of the P/L title ( can’t be bothered to google) that’s Phils job.

1. Unlikely, but possible.
2. Chelsea finishing, was it 10th, the year after not ring any bells? I think you needs a maths lesson.
3. Also possible, we have to rely on self-generated funds, not sugar dady crumbs, a bit like yourselves.
4. Biggest sulk on the forum trophy to you for disappearing for 6 months, just because your biggest rivals won the league. how well will you defend your title? :LOL:

D

Deleted member 16999

Surprised there were no posts on Klopp’s interview from yesterday were he defended OGS and said he’d of done the same.:unsure:

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/57091961.amp

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
2. Chelsea finishing, was it 10th, the year after not ring any bells? I think you needs a maths lesson.
3. Also possible, we have to rely on self-generated funds, not sugar dady crumbs, a bit like yourselves.
4. Biggest sulk on the forum trophy to you for disappearing for 6 months, just because your biggest rivals won the league. how well will you defend your title? :LOL:

The premier league can be won by a club without the biggest budget however deep the pockets that has been proven on a few occasions.
Your defence of the title and without C/L is a massive capitulation.
6 months off from the football thread definitely totally had enough of the “Hockey referee” and him spouting rubbish.
However you only have to look at yours and Paul’s arguments and slagging each other off to realise a sabbatical is sometimes a good option.

D

Deleted member 16999

The premier league can be won by a club without the biggest budget however deep the pockets that has been proven on a few occasions.
Your defence of the title and without C/L is a massive capitulation.
6 months off from the football thread definitely totally had enough of the “Hockey referee” and him spouting rubbish.
However you only have to look at yours and Paul’s arguments and slagging each other off to realise a sabbatical is sometimes a good option.
I don’t believe I’ve argued with Pete, disagree with some of his posts or point of view, happy to debate with anyone and Pete will give a reasoned response, I also don’t believe I’ve slagged him off.

Now we’ve lost Stu_C he’s the only genuine Lpool fan left on here and knows what he’s talking about.

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
I don’t believe I’ve argued with Pete, disagree with some of his posts or point of view, happy to debate with anyone and Pete will give a reasoned response, I also don’t believe I’ve slagged him off.

Now we’ve lost Stu_C he’s the only genuine Lpool fan left on here and knows what he’s talking about.

That last bit is true for sure

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site

Hope stu returns soon ?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 1418

Every Liverpool fan I've met talks complete and utter ??.......especially Pete, Stu and the Hockey fella.......!!! ? Only joking guys!

For the record, I think Liverpool's title defence has been nothing short of marvellous - loved every minute of it!! ??

BUT it's still better than Chelsea's during Jose's last spell - that was shambolic and awful to watch ?‍♂️?

D

Deleted member 15344

Didnt Man Utd end up 7th the year after they last won the title - I know it was a while back now but I’m sure it wasn’t the greatest defence of the title

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
theres some chatter thats only until Portugal relax their travel rules this Sunday

Reading the article I'm not so sure;

Portugal's cabinet affairs minister Mariana Vieira da Silva said a set of rules had been put in place for those fans attending the final.

"Those who come to the final of the Champions League will come and return on the same day, with a test done, in a bubble situation, on charter flights," she said.

"There will be two fan zones and from there they will be moved to the stadium and from the stadium to the airport, being in Portugal less than 24 hours.

"Obviously those coming by plane [to be in Porto while the match is on but do not actually go the stadium] will comply with the established rules and security measures will be put in place as happened in Lisbon last year."

She said the restrictions put in place were to ensure that Covid rates remain low in Portugal.

Vieira da Silva said that the local health authority was in charge of selecting seats for fans to ensure social distancing and that tickets were non-transferable.

If they are that bothered about keeping the Covid rates low, tell UEFA to host it at Wembley.