The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
Guys, yet again having to moderate needless name calling in a football thread, who'd have thought it. Consider this a shot across the bow, next time its some points for the collection.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Guys, yet again having to moderate needless name calling in a football thread, who'd have thought it. Consider this a shot across the bow, next time its some points for the collection.
Certain posters do seem to get A LOT of warnings & no action.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
I would have the golden glove winner
That made me laugh as I can't have anything red whatsoever. I was looking at new golf grips and the recommended ones were black with a red and white stripe in places - told the pro to forget that in a hurry!
? you think that’s bad, I have had to buy a red top for the old farts v whippersnappers. Let’s just say it stuck in me throat. I was seriously thinking about putting some black stripes on with a sharpie and writing Bell on the back.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Great idea. Until you consider what the consequences of such a rule would be!
Imagine next season,City 1pt ahead of Liverpool going into the final game.
Liverpool play Norwich at home,City away to UTD.
UTD fans protest,game is cancelled.
City win the league as they’re awardee the 3pts.
Liverpool fans most hard done by AGAIN ?‍♂️??

But obviously Phil would be ok with that ?‍♂️

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
And the problem with Portugal is that apart from Madrid (or possibly Bilbao) there aren't many options for airports to fly to and then drive/train on to stadium.

If it was in Zurich, Switzerland you'd have a choice of France, Germany and Italy to fly in to. Same with Prague, Vienna, Budapest etc. Plenty of choice of fly/drive options to get there.
They have never been bothered about infrastructure judging by some places the final has been.
The arrogance of expecting the government to bend the rules for the sponsors is typical of them.

Tashyboy

Visit site
Just outta interest, what would of happened if UEFA stopped both games where Liverpool fans attacked the team coaches of City and Madrid. Do Liverpool get kicked out of the comp? would that be fair? Me finks not.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Just outta interest, what would of happened if UEFA stopped both games where Liverpool fans attacked the team coaches of City and Madrid. Do Liverpool get kicked out of the comp? would that be fair? Me finks not.
Outside the stadium it’s a police matter I think.
If someone went home and murdered their partner in their City shirt would they hold the club responsible?
Stupid I know but???

The prob with the UTD protest was it was inside the stadium.
That’s the clubs problem then.
Forfeited points won’t work , it will be like Var everyone will have a different opinion.

D

Deleted member 15344

Is it about fairness ? If the incident escalated enough to the point the game was cancelled then potentially yes the game would forfeited.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I would have the golden glove winner

? you think that’s bad, I have had to buy a red top for the old farts v whippersnappers. Let’s just say it stuck in me throat. I was seriously thinking about putting some black stripes on with a sharpie and writing Bell on the back.
Who picked the colours ?
Red and blue asking for trouble .
A nice pink and yellow would be neutral.
Other colours are available .

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Is it about fairness ? If the incident escalated enough to the point the game was cancelled then potentially yes the game would forfeited.

So what happens in the following situation? Liverpool are at home on the last day of the season needing a point to win the league. A thousand fans of other clubs turn up at the ground in Liverpool shirts, protesting and storm the stadium, causing the match to be abandoned. Under your proposal Liverpool would forfeit the match, and potentially the league title.

I'm not suggesting that the fans at Old Trafford weren't Man Utd fans but how far would fans of other clubs go to stop their biggest rivals from winning the league or winning a trophy?

D

Deleted member 15344

So what happens in the following situation? Liverpool are at home on the last day of the season needing a point to win the league. A thousand fans of other clubs turn up at the ground in Liverpool shirts, protesting and storm the stadium, causing the match to be abandoned. Under your proposal Liverpool would forfeit the match, and potentially the league title.

I'm not suggesting that the fans at Old Trafford weren't Man Utd fans but how far would fans of other clubs go to stop their biggest rivals from winning the league or winning a trophy?

Potentially yes - even more so if it happens inside the ground as well but it would be investigated etc

As I said right now the club whose fans caused the issue appear to have escaped with no punishment whilst the rearrangement has potentially harmed the prospects of other clubs.

The whole situation doesn’t seem right

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Arsenal must be the only side who have 3 right backs in the squad and put them all on the bench for the same game haha

Assume Sakas being asked to try yet another position lol

Good idea for Arsenal to put 3 right backs on the bench tonight. Just need one more injury and all three of them will have got a game tonight.

Swingalot

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
A brush, a tickle, whatever you want to call it, he's thrown himself to the floor after absolutely minimal contact, which is cheating. And lets be fair he's got plenty of form for it.
Not sure why you're bringing Ward Prowse into it? A more honest player you would be hard pushed to find ?

Because Ward Prowse is nothing short of a human rat. A more snidey, gobby, arrogant rat you would struggle to find.

Tashyboy

Visit site
Does tonight’s game endorse it has been a rammel season or confirm that it has been good not knowing what results are going to be. For me the latter.