The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

4LEX

Visit site
Just watched the full Rangnick press conference. It wasn't really expanded on, but he mentioned he had a long conversation with Ole before the Chelsea game about the club.

I wonder if this suggests the club were actually planning a change before the Watford game, and that Ole knew he was about to leave? He did seem to be waving goodbye after Watford game anyway, and his leaving interview was arranged pretty quickly after announcement made. So, perhaps he had known for a while he was about to go, and that even if Utd had beat Watford, he'd still have gone?

Absolutely not. Ole would still have been in charge had it finished 2-1. At 4-1 he knew the players got him sacked and that was the end, hence the waving goodbye. Utd aren't run well enough to make sensible plans. Even after he was sacked it took almost two weeks to appoint someone, that says it all.

It'll be interesting to see who comes in the summer.

4LEX

Visit site
Ooops, someone’s in trouble.

The ref was brilliant bar two decisions. He let the game flow and didn't give much. It resulted in probababy the best game this season. Lots of free flowing attacking football. No idea how it only finished 3-2.

Dortmund should've had a penalty but VAR didn't call him up on it. He also missed the Bayern penalty but VAR did call him up on that. It's sour grapes from Bellingham and he should be banned for a month for that sort of talk.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
im kind of glad the prem leagues not been televised this afternoon, watched an utter cracker in serie A, Verona were 3-0 down at HT just gone 4-3 up, some hit to win it too

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Plenty of green shoots of recovery for me today.
First three points for a long time.
First EPL home clean sheet this season, I believe.
First German to win their opening EPL game.

A good day.