The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
I’ve just watched Rangnick’s post match interview on Sky Sports and I have to say, after years of either the monosyllabic Mourinho, eccentric LVG or tactically inept Solskjaer, it was an absolute breath of fresh air.

Articulate, pleasant demeanour and, most importantly of all for me, he clearly knows what he is talking about, what he is trying to achieve, and crucially how every one of his players fits into his plans.

For the first time in a long, long time I am actually feeling enthusiastic about a United manager and looking forward to the next few games. Let’s hope the depression engulfing the club for the last few months continues to lift and those in positions of power build on the first sensible appointment they have made in nearly a decade.

Jimaroid

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
So. Marcel Brands has gone. Never understood what he was ever supposed to be doing, apart from being involved in an ever baffling waste of of money he seems to have achieved nothing.

Good riddance? Maybe. Honestly I’ve no idea. ?‍♂️

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
He just sounded like a man with a defined plan and ideas of how to achieve said plan.
As you say, a breath of fresh air.

And it looks as though he's taken over at a very good time. Utd's next 6 league matches are Norwich (a), Brentford (a), Brighton (h), Newcastle (a), Burnley (h), Wolves (h). Even after that it's Villa (a), West Ham (h), Burnley (a), Southampton (h), Leeds (a), Watford (h). It's not until 5th March that they play Man City away that they play another team that would usually be considered a rival.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
And it looks as though he's taken over at a very good time. Utd's next 6 league matches are Norwich (a), Brentford (a), Brighton (h), Newcastle (a), Burnley (h), Wolves (h). Even after that it's Villa (a), West Ham (h), Burnley (a), Southampton (h), Leeds (a), Watford (h). It's not until 5th March that they play Man City away that they play another team that would usually be considered a rival.

Timing, it's all about timing.

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site

And under Solskjaer I was becoming increasingly nervous about those sort of fixtures. There was no longer any such thing as a banker, as Watford away conclusively demonstrated.

davemc1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
So. Marcel Brands has gone. Never understood what he was ever supposed to be doing, apart from being involved in an ever baffling waste of of money he seems to have achieved nothing.

A bigger loss than ole in my eyes ?

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site

Presumably that strengthens Rafa? Would they really get rid of Brands and then have a search for a new manager with no structure in place?

Jimaroid

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Presumably that strengthens Rafa? Would they really get rid of Brands and then have a search for a new manager with no structure in place?

Assuming there was any structure with Brands in place. Who knows?

I like Rafa for what’s it’s worth but he’s neither the cause or solution to what seem to be continually poor decisions in the board.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Assuming there was any structure with Brands in place. Who knows?

I like Rafa for what’s it’s worth but he’s neither the cause or solution to what seem to be continually poor decisions in the board.
I agree with this. The question is whether the owner / board will give him the time to put his stamp on the situation. My worry is that we lose tonight and they get rid. We then start again with the merry go round. If they thought he was the right man in the summer then hold your nerve, wait until the injuries clear up and let him do his job. He is a manager that likes to get involved from top to bottom at a club so giving him more control, if that is what happens, might be no bad thing at this point.

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site

That ones a loss.... ;):ROFLMAO: