The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Jimaroid

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Pickford was awful tonight. Two of the goals he’s opened the goal right up and yet again he’s got his hands inactive waiting for something to happen. He’s got to make himself bigger. Drives me nuts.

Anyway, too easy to single him out as to be fair he’s being put under pressure in a dreadful team and he’s never got any chance against so many in-form players.

Everton are just woeful.

Henderson was flawless tonight. It’s annoying how good it is watching Liverpool play at the moment. ?

D

Deleted member 1740

What a performance, Henderson MOTM, Jota superb, 4 cracking goals with Jota's being the highlight.

Always great to beat your nearest rivals and ruin the Ev's xmas again?

Only disappointment was it should've been 7?

4LEX

Visit site
Liverpool were outstanding, should really have been 5-0 up after 30 mins.

Mo Salah is different levels, his two finishes tonight were ridiculous.

Genuine pleasure to see the best player in the world at his peak do it week in, week out.

D

Deleted member 1740

Fair play to the ref for booking the diving. He's not having the best of games be he caught most of it.

Shame he got the Robbo booking wrong, he never touched him.

Gordon wins a freekick by diving, ball goes out for a corner and we score from it. Cheating doesnt pay ????

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Oh bore off.

I resisted the temptation to bite last night when I was still fuming with the last minute defeat (again) but you win, I've had to bite.

What did I say that wasn’t true? And I wasn’t the only one to say it!

As a fan are you happy that your team was wasting time from early in the second half when the score was 0-0? I wouldn’t be is that was my team.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 16999

I’ve been very impressed by Ramsdale this season, he looks like becoming a top keeper. He could become England’s No 1
Mate, once again he’s an easy target and it gets very boring tbh, Pickford has been excellent this year, even last night it could of been 6-7 if it wasn’t for him, sadly he’s got an awful team in front of him and no goalkeeper would look better with that

I’ve said many a time he’s the best of a bad bunch for England, but how many have been come along and failed to replace him, last year it was Henderson, before him Pope or Heaton and now Ramsdale.

Absolutely Ramsdale is on form, but he was relegated last season with Sheff Utd, not his fault, but were was this praise then?

Even the Euros Pickford had the best record and won the Golden Gloves, but never letting England down seems to be ignored.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
If the live clappers bei

What did I say that wasn’t true? And I wasn’t the only one to say it!

As a fan are you happy that your team was wasting time from early in the second half when the score was 0-0? I wouldn’t be is that was my team.

I didn’t know the football was on Amazon last night until I read about it on here. So I watched the City game. I was shocked to see how much time Villa wasted it was unbelievable. Yet it now seems to be the norm.
Another thing that narked me. A Villa player went down having banged his head. The ref waved play on. The game continued for a minute or so until the ball went out. The Villa player then went off concussed. How comes the ref never blew earlier.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Mate, once again he’s an easy target and it gets very boring tbh, Pickford has been excellent this year, even last night it could of been 6-7 if it wasn’t for him, sadly he’s got an awful team in front of him and no goalkeeper would look better with that

I’ve said many a time he’s the best of a bad bunch for England, but how many have been come along and failed to replace him, last year it was Henderson, before him Pope or Heaton and now Ramsdale.

Absolutely Ramsdale is on form, but he was relegated last season with Sheff Utd, not his fault, but were was this praise then?

Even the Euros Pickford had the best record and won the Golden Gloves, but never letting England down seems to be ignored.

Every player, irrespective of position, will make mistakes. And if he has a poor defence in front of him, he will be called on to make more saves. And if he sees more of the ball then he will make more mistakes numerically but it’s the percentage of mistakes ‘v’ touches that is the metric that should be used. Pickford is a good keeper with a poor defence in front of him.

That said, getting beat at his near post for Jota’s goal was poor. The other three he had no chance with. And he did make some exceptional saves, one just before the first goal, low to his right was outstanding.

D

Deleted member 1740

Every player, irrespective of position, will make mistakes. And if he has a poor defence in front of him, he will be called on to make more saves. And if he sees more of the ball then he will make more mistakes numerically but it’s the percentage of mistakes ‘v’ touches that is the metric that should be used. Pickford is a good keeper with a poor defence in front of him.

That said, getting beat at his near post for Jota’s goal was poor. The other three he had no chance with. And he did make some exceptional saves, one just before the first goal, low to his right was outstanding.

Theres more to goalkeeping than just making saves. His distribution for a international Keeper is shocking.

Couple of times last night he wellied the ball out of his hands up the pitch and it went straight through to Alison. Waste of possession. I've seen the above everytime i've watched them.

D

Deleted member 16999

Absolutely Bri, just don’t get the posts mentioning the exceptional saves do we?

Hopefully Ramsdale or somebody else is the real deal and replaces him for England, but there’s 14 games gone and it’s like groundhog day.

D

Deleted member 16999

Theres more to goalkeeping than just making saves. His distribution for a international Keeper is shocking.

Couple of times last night he wellied the ball out of his hands up the pitch and it went straight through to Alison. Waste of possession. I've seen the above everytime i've watched them.
Mate, we can criticise him all day, infact we could probably do it to 99% of PL Keepers, but we don’t, just Pickford, it’s lazy and unfair.

Even his distribution, has any player got a 100% success rate making a pass or as Brian put, what was his % of succesful passes.

Totally unfair using last night to prove it one way or another, we could of been 6 or 7 down by half time, Jota’s goal was superb, but no mention of how easily we were ripped apart or the pass finding him free in the box, or how he left Allan for dead? Nope, just Pickford getting beat at his near post!:mad:

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Pickford took half a step too far left for the Salah goal. A small error in the grand scheme of things.
Where is the criticism of the 10 outfield players who did nothing to prevent the goal?

Allison was more out of position for Everton’s goal. Again, where is the criticism?