The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

davemc1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Point well earned. Terrible first half. All the goals quality. Shame not to win being up twice. Milner should’ve went. Don’t think anyone can argue with any of that

Henderson and Fabinho were woeful.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Well Liverpool might have been unlucky last season being the only team to EVER have any injuries & the only team affected by Covid.
But they’re certainly getting lucky with some of the Decisions from the officials this season.

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
Great game very entertaining
Game of 2 halves
City could of been out of sight
Liverpool brilliant 2nd half and a lot of that down to Klopp
Salah superb
Foden superb
Ref just woeful and bottled the big decision.
Would have liked to have seen him book Jesus as well,diving all over the place.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I havent seen any of it since I got home, but felt Milly was very lucky at the match.

He must have picked up that talent for staying on the pitch after numerous fouls at City in his earlier years.:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p

Ive always said that Tierney is a coward of an official, and the 2nd worst ref after Kevin Friend.

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Ive always said that Tierney is a coward of an official, and the 2nd worst ref after Kevin Friend.

That's a bold call considering the shocking state of refereeing in this country. It's even worse lower down the leagues. I've sat and had a beer with opposition fans after some of our games and neither side could believe how bad the ref was. Not biased towards one team or the other, just incompetent, with decisions given for your team that you just couldn't work out how they'd given it.

I always think it's unfair that a ref who has had a bad game in the Prem gets demoted to ref in the Championship the following week. Why should the Championship clubs have to suffer a ref that was useless the week before?

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
That's a bold call considering the shocking state of refereeing in this country. It's even worse lower down the leagues. I've sat and had a beer with opposition fans after some of our games and neither side could believe how bad the ref was. Not biased towards one team or the other, just incompetent, with decisions given for your team that you just couldn't work out how they'd given it.

I always think it's unfair that a ref who has had a bad game in the Prem gets demoted to ref in the Championship the following week. Why should the Championship clubs have to suffer a ref that was useless the week before?

They suffer clubs that were useless the season before. ;)

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Red glasses on - The 72nd minute Milner foul on its own is a yellow most of the time, not all, but most. Bad / dirty / professional foul / final man - no, just Silva done him, as he did with a few others on the day. We all know that a second yellow has to be a bit more when sending someone off, compared to what you would normally give the 1st yellow for. Some people think that the very next foul after someone is on a yellow is definitely a sending off when its not. Some players get away with 3-5 fouls before they get a yellow, but can be a tightrope if you do another 1-3, or if one is serious foul play. For me it wasnt serious foul play on it's own, he was just done by a very tricky player.

HOWEVER, for the whole of the 72 minutes Milly was on, for the overall seriousness and number of fouls he did he should have been off.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 1740

Disappointed with the result after going 2-1 up, more so how we conceded from a throw from their LB position with a deflected shot from De Bruyne.

Poor 1st half, much better 2nd half.

Thought the Firmino sub was the wrong sub ay that time it shouldve been another centre midfielder yo nullify the threat from silva/De Bruyne.

What a goal from Salah though, he's the dog bollocks.

Milner was lucky not to be sent off but I think it was the right decision. It wasn't a bad challenge, just a a typical tactiful foul.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Red glasses on - The 72nd minute Milner foul on its own is a yellow most of the time, not all, but most. Bad / dirty / professional foul / final man - no, just Silva done him, as he did with a few others on the day. We all know that a second yellow has to be a bit more when sending someone off, compared to what you would normally give the 1st yellow for. Some people think that the very next foul after someone is on a yellow id definitely a sending off when its not. Some players get away with 3-5 fouls before they get a yellow, but can be a tightrope if you do another 1-3, or if one is serious foul play. For me it wasnt serious foul play on it's own, he was just done my a very tricky player.

HOWEVER, for the whole of the 72 minutes Milly was on, for the overall seriousness and number of fouls he did he should have been off.

no glasses on ;)

fouled Foden just outside the box in the first half not given, wouldve been lucky just to get a yellow not a red, then rightly booked, then another clear yellow foul on Silva. could easily have walked twice and celebrated hard on reaching the bench that he had been subbed not sent off :)

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Disappointed with the result after going 2-1 up, more so how we conceded from a throw from their LB position with a deflected shot from De Bruyne.

Poor 1st half, much better 2nd half.

Thought the Firmino sub was the wrong sub ay that time it shouldve been another centre midfielder yo nullify the threat from silva/De Bruyne.

What a goal from Salah though, he's the dog bollocks.

Milner was lucky not to be sent off but I think it was the right decision. It wasn't a bad challenge, just a a typical tactiful foul.

tactiful? sounds like someones had a good day Stu ;)