The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
In the picture on the left he moved his body towards the defender to force contact, I hope these kind of pens are kicked out the game we have seen vardy win them for years ..see a foot wrap his round it .. pen

Second one @Orikoru (tagging as was going to reply this to yourself) zouma would have won the ball if Ronaldo didn't nip it away (but he was never under control of the ball he nipped it away then went down) then he has completely fabricated the entire situation to try and win a pen

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/cristiano-ronaldo-penalty-west-ham-b1923468.html

Now former ref Dermot Gallagher agrees the second wasn't a pen however he says the first was, I agree the first should be by the way they have been creeping in for years

Personally I want the first one stamped out the game but it should have been a pen

Second not a chance

However can we all agree in both pics his "fall" is so exaggerated that it prob doesn't help him.. just fall naturally

Can we all just agree it was an absolute joy to see Ronaldo rolling around like he had been shot then wailing at the sky when he didn’t get the decision?

A739E49D-5BC4-4E93-B5BD-D1B8019EBE2F.jpeg

I’ve missed this. ???

(Yeah yeah haters gotta hate ?)

DanFST

Head Pro
Visit site
I'm trying to be unbiased. But I hate these pens, if I was 10 years younger i'd have had a chance at a decent football career. I don't think you should be rewarded for getting a touch on the ball to kick it out of play before a defender, 99% of these touches aren't in control of the ball, they just got there first, the defender has to actively try and have some control over it. If most of these are near the corner flag, no one bats an eyelid.

But the way the game and rules are now, both are probably pens. 2nd Ronaldo is dragging his ankle before he's anywhere near Zouma, thats far more dangerous then trying to stay on your feet, one strong touch at that angle and ligaments are gone.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
In other news, I see Hungary have been ordered to play a further two games behind closed doors and fined £150k following the abhorrent racist abuse of England players.

Wow, that’ll teach ‘em. Not.

£50k less than Leeds were fined for watching Derby train.

Swango1980

Visit site
I'm trying to be unbiased. But I hate these pens, if I was 10 years younger i'd have had a chance at a decent football career. I don't think you should be rewarded for getting a touch on the ball to kick it out of play before a defender, 99% of these touches aren't in control of the ball, they just got there first, the defender has to actively try and have some control over it. If most of these are near the corner flag, no one bats an eyelid.

But the way the game and rules are now, both are probably pens. 2nd Ronaldo is dragging his ankle before he's anywhere near Zouma, thats far more dangerous then trying to stay on your feet, one strong touch at that angle and ligaments are gone.
What is the difference between the laces of a players boot touching the ground, or his boot being in the air? How does one make it more likely to cause him damage if defender smashes in to him? You do realise the laces of his boot don't anchor him to the ground like his studs?

DanFST

Head Pro
Visit site
What is the difference between the laces of a players boot touching the ground, or his boot being in the air? How does one make it more likely to cause him damage if defender smashes in to him? You do realise the laces of his boot don't anchor him to the ground like his studs?

Capture.PNG

That's already a hell of a lot of stress on his right ATFL without even being touched. As somone who's foot and ankles are FUBAR (mine). It's not good.

Swango1980

Visit site
View attachment 38592

That's already a hell of a lot of stress on his right ATFL without even being touched. As somone who's foot and ankles are FUBAR (mine). It's not good.
Really, never heard of a player injuring themselves by brushing their foot against the ground in such a fashion. I can do it myself at home, and no fear of injuring myself, despite not being a trained athlete. But, will leave it up to the experts to inform us what a perilous move is to do such a thing.

Anyway, Norwich couldn't hit a barn door. Played so well up to that point, and no quality in front of goal. Liverpool 2nd string punishing them (to be fair, no idea what strength of team Norwich are fielding)

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Really, never heard of a player injuring themselves by brushing their foot against the ground in such a fashion. I can do it myself at home, and no fear of injuring myself, despite not being a trained athlete. But, will leave it up to the experts to inform us what a perilous move is to do such a thing.

Anyway, Norwich couldn't hit a barn door. Played so well up to that point, and no quality in front of goal. Liverpool 2nd string punishing them (to be fair, no idea what strength of team Norwich are fielding)

Yep, and the Norwich one was deffo a pen, I'll brook no arguments. (y):D

DanFST

Head Pro
Visit site

Have you got a 6 ft 2 Defender sliding at you in your kitchen?
You are obviously right tho, everyone's ankle is built to do that with such force you can bend the plastic sole of a football boot. :rolleyes:

Swango1980

Visit site
Have you got a 6 ft 2 Defender sliding at you in your kitchen?
You are obviously right tho, everyone's ankle is built to do that with such force you can bend the plastic sole of a football boot. :rolleyes:
Why mention the defender, you've already claimed he is putting significant stress on himself without being touched. Absolute rubbish.

DanFST

Head Pro
Visit site
Why mention the defender, you've already claimed he is putting significant stress on himself without being touched. Absolute rubbish.

He is indeed, if he was to be touched with that amount of plantarflexion, that's a ruined ankle and brostrom surgery. Which I can tell you from experience is incredibly painful.

I'd maybe give up on this one and re read my posts.

Swango1980

Visit site
As
He is indeed, if he was to be touched with that amount of plantarflexion, that's a ruined ankle and brostrom surgery. Which I can tell you from experience is incredibly painful.

As I said, you are talking absolute nonsense there.

Basically, you are suggesting that, not only is he diving to try and win a penalty, but he is putting himself at high risk of getting a nasty injury in doing so.

You do realise how clueless you are coming across? Fair enough if you wanna debate dive or not, but to suggest a player would do so at significant risk to.themselves is frankly embarrassing. Especially a player who has played goodness knows how many games, been challenged more than most in history in these situations, and never really had a significant injury that I remember.

The bending of the foot is absolutely nothing unusual, it is not bent beyond the limits of normal capability. The strength or non strength of the boot is irrelevant. There are plenty of sports where players slide in a lunge type movement, and often their trail foot would be in a similar position.

I think your argument, in actual fact, may be the most absurd and ridiculous one I've ever heard in a football forum. Congratulations for that.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site

I have had a modified bostrum repair. Very painful indeed ?

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
In other news....

Trial for standing areas given the go ahead in the new year. It's not for me, but pleased the option should be available for those that wish to do so.

sunshine

Visit site
On a brighter note, wasn't it great to see QPR knock Everton out of the Carabao Cup last night. I expected Everton to field a team of kids but actually it was a pretty strong team with both sides resting 4 or 5 first choice players.
QPR scored all 8 of their penalties (Southgate take note), and deserved the win after the keeper Dieng saved Ben Godfrey's pen but was penalised for being a couple of inches off his line.