The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
?
Just seems like sympathy caps, it's not like either of those are ever going to break into the full England squad, specially Lingard whose ship sailed a long time ago. Maybe he should be looking at potential talent rather than non starters.
Just read that Bamford is 28, I thought he was much younger ?

Heard that Bowen was on the reserve list for the squad , but then they stop calling up reserves now what's the point

He would be perfect in these kind of games

I hope bamford shows what he can do as a Kane back up

Lingard we know he can perform but what's point? He had his best ever season and was left behind

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
?
Just seems like sympathy caps, it's not like either of those are ever going to break into the full England squad, specially Lingard whose ship sailed a long time ago. Maybe he should be looking at potential talent rather than non starters.
Just read that Bamford is 28, I thought he was much younger ?

in a dark room somewhere Calvert Lewin is crying his eyes out having got injured before this game lol

Swango1980

Visit site
Greenwood not in the squad ............................ now that's baffling!
Players will be picked on form, he said.
Yeah, right.
Ole indicated him and Southgate agreed not to select Greenwood, as it was in his best interests at this time. I guess they want more time for him to develop at club level. I believe Southgate also said he'd easily be in the squad on form, but it was agreed to not select him at the moment.

D

Deleted member 15344

Salah rumoured to be wanting £500k per week to sign a new contract at Liverpool. I can't see any way that Liverpool will agree to pay anywhere near that amount.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/mo-salah-liverpool-transfer-news-24909896

Only have to look at the source - same source were stating Henderson won’t be offered a new contract

Salah won’t ask for that level of wage and will prob get around or just above what VVD has just been offered

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
What's the point of teams like Andorra being in this competition? England have had 89% possession in the first half and Andorra made a total of 12 successful passes. Is it time to bring in a two tier World Cup and Euros with the poorer teams playing against each other and the better teams playing each other with promotion and relegation between the two tiers? Andorra being in this competition is like letting Colchester play in the Champions League, completely ridiculous. Neither team learns anything from playing against opposition so much stronger/weaker than them.

D

Deleted member 15344

What's the point of teams like Andorra being in this competition? England have had 89% possession in the first half and Andorra made a total of 12 successful passes. Is it time to bring in a two tier World Cup and Euros with the poorer teams playing against each other and the better teams playing each other with promotion and relegation between the two tiers? Andorra being in this competition is like letting Colchester play in the Champions League, completely ridiculous. Neither team learns anything from playing against opposition so much stronger/weaker than them.

England only One up ?‍♂️

The two games against England will keep the Andorran FA going financially- remove the smaller countries and you will remove a huge amount of their funding and will prob struggle to host games.

It wasn’t that long ago that Luxembourg beat Ireland - and San Marino have caused a few shocks

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
England only One up ?‍♂️

The two games against England will keep the Andorran FA going financially- remove the smaller countries and you will remove a huge amount of their funding and will prob struggle to host games.

It wasn’t that long ago that Luxembourg beat Ireland - and San Marino have caused a few shocks

England reserve team only 1-0 up. Andorra only interested in defending and keeping the score down, a 3-0 defeat is a good result for them but what does it actually achieve in terms of them improving?. That's why it's a pointless match. Possibly even need three tiers so teams like Andorra and San Marino can play in the third tier and then have a middle and top tier.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
England reserve team only 1-0 up. Andorra only interested in defending and keeping the score down, a 3-0 defeat is a good result for them but what does it actually achieve in terms of them improving?. That's why it's a pointless match. Possibly even need three tiers so teams like Andorra and San Marino can play in the third tier and then have a middle and top tier.

assume you want to cancel the FA Cup too? whats the point of say Man City reserves against Colchester? ;)

Swango1980

Visit site
Maybe you're on to something. You could maybe call it something like The Nations League...

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
assume you want to cancel the FA Cup too? whats the point of say Man City reserves against Colchester? ;)

They might as well put out their U18's against us and they'd still win comfortably.

If the FA Cup was a group stage with 6 teams in it with say Man City, Watford, Cardiff, Bristol City, Colchester and Solihull Moors in a group then yes I would say it should be scrapped.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Why take bamford off? If I was spurs I'd be angry of Kane playing .. especially against hack merchants

J lingz king of back ups