The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Or make no subs whatsoever and leave the team looking decidedly leggy going into injury time.

Ha ha yes ?
There are a couple of players in the England team who are just not good enough with the ball at feet and what they do with the ball when they have it. Imo we are a couple of changes from being a seriously good team.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Grealish he was past his man ,yes he fouled him but just carry on.
Stopped and claiming to the ref .
Piss poor.

Good chance from our throw on their 18 yard box Pickford very lucky.

Swango1980

Visit site
This England team has a ton of quality, and they flatter Southgate. Keeping him in a job, when a better manager could do a much better job. Him and Ole stealing a living.

What did he expect would happen when he makes ZERO subs, when he could have made up to 5. Plenty of quality and freshness on the bench. England were a yard off the pace at end of game, and Southgate was either oblivious, or scared of hurting someone's feelings by subbing them.

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
He’s not worth half that.
Time will tell when the fan boys buy the shirts with his name on …
The ref was appalling last night, and Kane sorted Glik out using the dark arts .. which is a beautiful part of the game, hurting your opponent inside the law is a talent . But should not be called on in this day and age, I like this English sides mentality and the way they deal with poor behaviour.. the final against the Italians was a massive experience.

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
I'm trying to see Grealish through different eyes now BUT he still looks too much like a prancing pony that flatters to deceive to be worth anything like £100m.

He needs to ditch the Alice band, shave his head, look mean and make more of an effort to stay on his feet. His prime reason it seems to me for being on the field is to win free kicks...but there's no point in doing that because we just go 5 yards backwards/sideways with them. Lack of product from the wide men last night was very frustrating...Sterling just didn't seem to want to commit his man at all....and on the rare occasion that he beat him he took three or four touches before being crowded out.

Our reluctance to cross the ball may have been related to Kane playing most of the match in midfield so there was no focal point to the attack. I don't really like Emma Hayes much but she was spot on when she said he was causing other players to be unsure of where to play and disrupting the shape. Someone needs to tell him to stay up front instead of coming short to the half way line to get the ball off the back four.

Other than that....Poland looked plenty dangerous enough, fast slick passing, good control and movement, put the ball in early when they had the opportunity, took their chance and deserved the draw. No real harm done though in the context of the group and overall qualification.

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
He needs to ditch the Alice band, shave his head, look mean and make more of an effort to stay on his feet. His prime reason it seems to me for being on the field is to win free kicks...but there's no point in doing that because we just go 5 yards backwards/sideways with them. Lack of product from the wide men last night was very frustrating...Sterling just didn't seem to want to commit his man at all....and on the rare occasion that he beat him he took three or four touches before being crowded out.

Our reluctance to cross the ball may have been related to Kane playing most of the match in midfield so there was no focal point to the attack. I don't really like Emma Hayes much but she was spot on when she said he was causing other players to be unsure of where to play and disrupting the shape. Someone needs to tell him to stay up front instead of coming short to the half way line to get the ball off the back four.

Other than that....Poland looked plenty dangerous enough, fast slick passing, good control and movement, put the ball in early when they had the opportunity, took their chance and deserved the draw. No real harm done though in the context of the group and overall qualification.

Totally agree regarding Kane and his play,either he’s our number 9 or he’s not.
Although when he does come deep his link up play is good.
Sometimes we had 3 out wide left.
Overall though Kane was head and shoulders above Levendoski who up until the last minute did nothing, imagine if that was Kane.

If Grealish is worth 100 million Gazza would be 200, I would like Grealish to play like Gazza getting at defenders and driving forward.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
I'm trying to see Grealish through different eyes now BUT he still looks too much like a prancing pony that flatters to deceive to be worth anything like £100m.
Tbh I never got the hype during the Euros over him.
The commentators said things like “the stage is set for that man” whilst he was on the bench.
Jack Grealish ?‍♂️

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
Maybe his new boss will teach him to keep running until he hears a whistle, or dive and roll around more convincingly. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I watched this with a Polish Mate. Was interesting getting his perspective. At half time he thought they would win, I felt similar. I was miffed about the equaliser, but would have taken a point at half time. Was useful to get that team more exposure to a hostile atmosphere. He said the rest are playing for second place and doesnt get the moaning. You cant win 5-0 every week, and when England does, the moaners say, it is cos we've only played "whoever."

Footy fans eh?