The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

4LEX

Visit site
Yeah he wasn’t bad?
Henry slightly ahead of him for me tho ?

Henry was a level up. He actually created 20 goals and scored 30 a season for a few years at his peak. He was two players in one. Aguero was brilliant as a striker but limited. Van Nistelrooy would've had similar numbers if he stayed in the league as long.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Henry was a level up. He actually created 20 goals and scored 30 a season for a few years at his peak. He was two players in one. Aguero was brilliant as a striker but limited. Van Nistelrooy would've had similar numbers if he stayed in the league as long.
Id never say Aguero was limited.
Maybe Van Nist was,brilliant finisher tho.

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
Id never say Aguero was limited.
Maybe Van Nist was,brilliant finisher tho.
Van Nistelrooy would’ve been perfect for Pep or Klopp; he was pressing from the front in an era where most strikers just didn’t do that. He hassled defenders like I’d never seen before to try and win the ball back. He couldn’t do what Henry did but Henry couldn’t do what RvN did. Both were better all round players than Aguero.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Van Nistelrooy would’ve been perfect for Pep or Klopp; he was pressing from the front in an era where most strikers just didn’t do that. He hassled defenders like I’d never seen before to try and win the ball back. He couldn’t do what Henry did but Henry couldn’t do what RvN did. Both were better all round players than Aguero.
Personally I’d go
Henry
Aguero
Van Nist

Let’s be honest tho all 3 would walk into any team in the Prem now.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Lovely result by England. Shame the racists had to ruin it. For crying out loud it's 2021

Good to see sterling score to really get under their skin.. scum bags

Turned off before rices goal typical but hey wins a win

4LEX

Visit site

Spot on. He was so underrated. Could hold it up, lay it off, run direct, close control, finish, head and press. It's a shame he joined Utd when they went into a decline and in the middle of two great sides. He literally held them together with Scholes/Keane for a few years. The only downside was his moodiness and selfish outlook.

Henry at his peak as near as the complete player you could get bar Messi.

Last edited:

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Lovely result by England. Shame the racists had to ruin it. For crying out loud it's 2021

Yes morons.
Two shocks for me how poor Kane’s finishing was.
Grealish starting now he’s a City player, ! Never got much game time when he was a Villa player.

4LEX

Visit site

It was always going to happen sadly. Hungary have a long track record of vile racism. This isn't a few hundred trolls online, this was thousands of people in a stadium.

Proud of Sterling tonight, fronted it up and did the business.

England were different gravy in the second half. Harry Kane had a nightmare, scored his toughest chance but missed a handful of sitters.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
No COVID in Hungary then.
That’s a bit stupid imo.

Prob is a bit stupid but then it would be in normal times, how do you know it's not filled with urine, or the previous owner doesn't have all kind of nastys

Just pure reaction based and shows whilst daft at least he has a personality which seems rare these days in footy

4LEX

Visit site
Prob is a bit stupid but then it would be in normal times, how do you know it's not filled with urine, or the previous owner doesn't have all kind of nastys

Just pure reaction based and shows whilst daft at least he has a personality which seems rare these days in footy

Rice is an absolute top bloke. I don't know him personally but I know a few people who do events for charity and he always goes way beyond to help out. He does a lot of off the record hospital visits and phone calls to West Ham fans who are in a bad way. I know it wasn't Brazil or Italy but his second half performance was seriously impressive.

So good to see Rice, Philips, Mount and Grealish not looking back on the Euros but stepping up and looking forward to the World Cup.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Makes a mockery of the Kick out Racisim imo.
How bad do fans have to be before teams are banned from tournaments.
They should be slung out as a warning to others, but will prob just get another fine. ,

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
Ronaldo got the number 7 shirt. Weird because I thought they couldn’t do it with the squad already registered.

The FA obviously want the brand to market don’t they. Money money money.

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
Makes a mockery of the Kick out Racisim imo.
How bad do fans have to be before teams are banned from tournaments.
They should be slung out as a warning to others, but will prob just get another fine. ,

It’s long, long overdue that the likes of Hungary were booted out of tournament football until they can get their houses in order. The only surprise is that anyone is surprised by the behaviour of thousands of their so-called fans.