• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

ger147

Tour Winner
Visit site
I m
never seen him booked on MOTD .
That makes Deans decision even worse.

I watched the game live on Sky Sports. I'm not sure if it was for simulation or dissent as Neves was going nuts trying to show him his leg etc. but from memory, most of that was after he had been shown the yellow card so my view was the yellow card was for simulation.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Seem to
For an incident like that, I'm unsure what the bar is, but it may have to be a red card decision to disallow the goal? Otherwise, how far back in a move will they get VAR to look at, and potentially reverse a decision to award a simple free kick?
remember a lot on here saying a Liverpool goal a while ago should be disallowed because the ball hit TAA on the arm in his own penalty area.
So you can go quite far back!
This one led to the only goal of the game so it was important.

Swango1980

Visit site
I think that incident was about the limit of where you go back too - after that foul the ball went to Greenwood I believe and then he scored - but I don’t know if there is some defined limit , I guess if the incident is a key moment in the move ?‍♂️
Think the ball went back to Varane. Ended up with Greenwood after this. Was still a fair bit to do from when Neves lost it. I could understand if ball broke directly to a forward running through on goal.

Swango1980

Visit site
Seem to

remember a lot on here saying a Liverpool goal a while ago should be disallowed because the ball hit TAA on the arm in his own penalty area.
So you can go quite far back!
This one led to the only goal of the game so it was important.
Yes, but VAR didn't go that far back, so that is academic. Besides, the way they use VAR this season looks to be very different to previous years

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Yes they got it
Yes, but VAR didn't go that far back, so that is academic. Besides, the way they use VAR this season looks to be very different to previous years
They got it wrong and didn’t tell the ref to go have a look.
The first goal in any game is vital ,and any slight thing should be looked at.
If Neves dosnt lose the ball UTD don’t score.
Poor from VAR that’s what it’s there for .imo of course.
The card if it was for simulation should be cancelled as well.

Swango1980

Visit site
Yes they got it

They got it wrong and didn’t tell the ref to go have a look.
The first goal in any game is vital ,and any slight thing should be looked at.
If Neves dosnt lose the ball UTD don’t score.
Poor from VAR that’s what it’s there for .imo of course.
The card if it was for simulation should be cancelled as well.
So, it would be OK to not look at it if it was the second goal?

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
Sorry, but I think you are all missing the point. VAR only intervenes when there is a clear and obvious error by the on-field officials.

I say again, if it took repeated replays from various angles in slow motion to eventually show what appeared to be a glancing contact between Pogba’s boot and Neves’s shin pad, then with the very best will in the world I do not see how anyone can say there has been a clear and obvious error.

Would this debate be raging if the incident had happened in a game between Brighton and Watford? I suspect not. Just saying ?

Swango1980

Visit site
You want to show me where I said that?
All goals should be looked at ,thought that was the norm.
But the first is vital if you win 1-0.
You implied any slight thing should be looked at if it was the first goal. That is why I asked if this made a difference if it was the second goal. If not, then I'm assuming your comment about it being the 1st goal is irrelevant to this discussion.

To me, it doesn't matter what goal it is, if something needs checked it should be. In the case of this particular discussion, I was more interested how far VAR will go back to check incidents, and what level of potential foul they will flag (I.e. anything from regular light foul up to red card incident)

D

Deleted member 15344

Sorry, but I think you are all missing the point. VAR only intervenes when there is a clear and obvious error by the on-field officials.

I say again, if it took repeated replays from various angles in slow motion to eventually show what appeared to be a glancing contact between Pogba’s boot and Neves’s shin pad, then with the very best will in the world I do not see how anyone can say there has been a clear and obvious error.

Would this debate be raging if the incident had happened in a game between Brighton and Watford? I suspect not. Just saying ?

It’s pretty much a judgment call I guess - I saw it once and you could see the contact on his leg - even the referee winced it seems

Happens against you and you would be disappointed.

4LEX

Visit site
Ironically, whilst I agree with you, Martial is a better finisher than the ludicrously overrated Rashford in my opinion.

If everyone is fit, neither of them get in that side.

No way, Rashford has been playing injured for two years and always puts in a shift. No better left winger stats wise than him last season despite an average season. When he comes back from the shoulder op, you'll see the real Rashford.

4LEX

Visit site
Solskjaer really is stealing a living. Same old story; no cohesion, no structure. And shock horror - he plays Sancho on the wrong side to accommodate Dan James.

It's comical. He's going to waste that squad. The first half was similar to a dozen or so bad performances last season, second to the ball, overrun and rely on woeful finishing and great saves to hang in then steal the points. Big win but the two away games show the lack of managerial nouse.

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
No way, Rashford has been playing injured for two years and always puts in a shift. No better left winger stats wise than him last season despite an average season. When he comes back from the shoulder op, you'll see the real Rashford.

A shoulder injury does not impact on decision making and Rashford’s is poor far too often. Sorry, but he is nowhere near world class.

I know what his stats say, but I also know what I see with my own eyes. Vastly overrated.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site

Always makes me smile when I read this, As a City fan I /They have always loved players that have put in a shift. 9 times out of ten it means they run round like a headless chicken. Fred puts a shift in as well.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Rashford is possibly the most overrated player in the Premier League.
To be honest I feel a bit for him. I mean who exactly as a manager has developed him. Am sure that under Pep, Klopp, Tuchel and a few others he would of developed more. But under OGS, Maueen, LVG, nope he has not developed for me.