The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Ok you didn’t find it funny,that’s fine.
Really not sure why you feel the need to make such a big song and dance about it?

Little tip for you mate,don’t watch any Ricky Gervais stand up ?

I was hoping you were going to say you had got the wrong end of the stick. The fact that you are admitting you know it's a reference to a current story about child sex abuse, and you find it funny and think it's acceptable to post on here, is deeply depressing.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
I was hoping you were going to say you had got the wrong end of the stick. The fact that you are admitting you know it's a reference to a current story about child sex abuse, and you find it funny and think it's acceptable to post on here, is deeply depressing.
Ok mate if it bothers you that much can I suggest reporting it to one of the moderators on here,that way we don’t have to waste our time going back and forth & spoiling the thread.
Have a good day ??

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
It looks like we might be picking up Maitland-Niles on loan with an option to buy. One for Arsenal fans, what's he like? Is he another who just needs a bit of love and a run of games?

D

Deleted member 15344

Just seen the Pogba/Neves incident

It’s a foul - no doubt about it and just a yellow

Not sure why they didn’t go to the monitor

But Neves reaction wasn’t great

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
Just seen the Pogba/Neves incident

It’s a foul - no doubt about it and just a yellow

Not sure why they didn’t go to the monitor

But Neves reaction wasn’t great

Not sure it was a clear and obvious error, Phil. There was contact, but even I only saw it after the third or fourth slow motion replay.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Ironically, whilst I agree with you, Martial is a better finisher than the ludicrously overrated Rashford in my opinion.

If everyone is fit, neither of them get in that side.

Personally I think if Rashford wants to kick On and not be another Sturridge he should be following Ronaldo everywhere. He has a couple of years to turn into the player he has not yet shown he should be

D

Deleted member 15344

Not sure it was a clear and obvious error, Phil. There was contact, but even I only saw it after the third or fourth slow motion replay.

He can be asked to go to the monitor to check it

I think it Neves went down straight away then he would have given it - he caught him and thankfully the shin pad helped but it could have been nasty.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
It looks like we might be picking up Maitland-Niles on loan with an option to buy. One for Arsenal fans, what's he like? Is he another who just needs a bit of love and a run of games?

has looked decent when hes played at right back, less so in central midfield but has been a decent prospect for years without fully breaking through. been refusing to accept he may be a better right back than centre mid, hed be our best right back if he did! struggled a bit on loan at west brom end of last season and couldnt hold down a central mid berth for them

expect he will benefit from a change of environment (hard to think theres many at arsenal that wouldnt currently, especially those who are on the wrong side of arteta), wish him well he comes across as a decent lad

edit: its an upgrade from the last 2 times youve taken players from us ;)

Billysboots

Visit site
He can be asked to go to the monitor to check it

I think it Neves went down straight away then he would have given it - he caught him and thankfully the shin pad helped but it could have been nasty.

I don’t disagree, but unless things have changed since last season VAR should only intervene if there is a clear and obvious error, and that includes directing the on-field referee to his pitch side monitor.

D

Deleted member 15344

I don’t disagree, but unless things have changed since last season VAR should only intervene if there is a clear and obvious error, and that includes directing the on-field referee to his pitch side monitor.

If a clear foul isnt obvious then im not sure what it is - I was amazed how it wasn’t seen at the time as it was right under the refs nose but then it was Dean ?

Billysboots

Visit site
If a clear foul isnt obvious then im not sure what it is - I was amazed how it wasn’t seen at the time as it was right under the refs nose but then it was Dean ?

I can absolutely understand how he missed it. As I say, it wasn’t until I had seen several replays at normal speed and then slow motion that I could even spot the contact, and even then it wasn’t obvious from every angle.

Sometimes we need to cut officials some slack.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
That is such a low bar ?, so low.

He has been brought in as a right back, to ultimately replace Coleman. I hope he realises this before he signs his name.

well hes spent 2 years barely playing any football having refused to play there repeatedly, maybe the penny has finally dropped, be yet another kick in the teeth for arsenal fans if he goes elsewhere and plays right back while we get top choose between the atrocious cedric, the appallingly slow chambers or wheres the exit door bellerin. not that thats a surprise under the current set up

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I can absolutely understand how he missed it. As I say, it wasn’t until I had seen several replays at normal speed and then slow motion that I could even spot the contact, and even then it wasn’t obvious from every angle.

Sometimes we need to cut officials some slack.
The only thing though is if Dean thought it wasn’t a foul why has he not booked Neves for simulation.
I can understand the ref missing it but not VAR as it led to a goal and should have been checked properly.
So VAR still not working properly imo.

Swango1980

Visit site
For an incident like that, I'm unsure what the bar is, but it may have to be a red card decision to disallow the goal? Otherwise, how far back in a move will they get VAR to look at, and potentially reverse a decision to award a simple free kick?

D

Deleted member 15344

For an incident like that, I'm unsure what the bar is, but it may have to be a red card decision to disallow the goal? Otherwise, how far back in a move will they get VAR to look at, and potentially reverse a decision to award a simple free kick?

I think that incident was about the limit of where you go back too - after that foul the ball went to Greenwood I believe and then he scored - but I don’t know if there is some defined limit , I guess if the incident is a key moment in the move ?‍♂️

ger147

Tour Winner
Visit site
The only thing though is if Dean thought it wasn’t a foul why has he not booked Neves for simulation.
I can understand the ref missing it but not VAR as it led to a goal and should have been checked properly.
So VAR still not working properly imo.

I don't know why obviously as you would need to ask the referee but Neves was booked after the incident.