The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 15344

Not sure I agree with regards to Man Utd or Chelsea, unless it's bringing in the real top, and massively expensive, players such as Haaland, Van Dijk, De Bruyne, MBappe etc.

Where would you say that Chelsea need strengthening?

Man City would be stronger with an Aguero replacement. Liverpool could possibly do with being stronger in midfield or up front in terms of squad depth and changing things from the bench but are looking pretty good. Man Utd could possibly do with a Fred replacement but I think the manager is the real problem there. Imagine what Klopp or Pep could do with that squad of players.

Man Utd imo need two or at the very least centre mids - one Defensive mid

And Chelsea a CB short imo

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
Whilst I agree Fred is not the long term solution to our CDM he certainly puts in a shift and always gives it his all.
VDB has no future at Utd in any position.
Has never been given a run in the side,I suspect he has shown little in training to warrant a start.
Getting a Kanye style quality CDM would be my number one priority.

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
Whilst I agree Fred is not the long term solution to our CDM he certainly puts in a shift and always gives it his all.
VDB has no future at Utd in any position.
Has never been given a run in the side,I suspect he has shown little in training to warrant a start.
Getting a Kanye style quality CDM would be my number one priority.

Kante was the reason Leicester won the league in 2016, not Vardy. An absolutely awesome player, who I would love to see at OT.

I don’t disagree Fred gives his all, but he is beyond awful. Everything Wolves did in the first twenty minutes was a result of either a Fred mistake, or him simply not being good enough at this level. He’s so bad I actually feel sorry for him.

He had a run of games last year when I actually thought the penny had finally dropped, but he’s now as bad as he ever was, and no amount of effort will ever gloss over his shortcomings.

A defensive midfielder is an absolute priority. I keep hearing United being linked with a loan move for Saul Niguez - a player in his image, or Declan Rice, would make a huge difference to our prospects. We’re currently extremely vulnerable in front of our back four.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Just seen it again and there clearly was contact. Was it a clear and obvious error by Mike Dean? Possibly not. But it balances out Bruno being flattened last week at Southampton in the build up to their goal, and that not being given.

;)
That’s a clear foul by Pogba.
Over the ball and he does catch him.
But the delay going down was strange.
But refs have been praised for going to the monitor a bit more.
I think if Dean looks at that again he gives the foul.
But two wrongs don’t make a right. VAR not working in that one imo.

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
What’s going on with him ? He was excellent for Ajax - I guess he needs to be next to a more defensive player ?

Certainly need someone there - Fred just not good enough

Greenwood is and excellent player , but is he going to be the one missing out when Ronaldo comes in

what we have seen is all those top 4 teams have areas that could do with strengthening

Who knows , Ithink Greenwood will play where James played today and Ronaldo CF.

Billysboots

Visit site
Who knows , Ithink Greenwood will play where James played today and Ronaldo CF.

Greenwood is wasted out wide, but with Ronaldo and Cavani also there I fear you may be right. The issue with that is that, if Greenwood is pushed out on the right, that means Sancho plays on the left, not his best position either.

Then of course you have Rashford, when fit, and Martial. Solskjaer now has an embarrassment of riches, and something has to give.

It would not surprise me to see a departure before the window closes.

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
Greenwood is wasted out wide, but with Ronaldo and Cavani also there I fear you may be right. The issue with that is that, if Greenwood is pushed out on the right, that means Sancho plays on the left, not his best position either.

Then of course you have Rashford, when fit, and Martial. Solskjaer now has an embarrassment of riches, and something has to give.

I’ll nip over to Manchester and give Martial a lift to the airport myself.

Swango1980

Visit site

All this distraction, no one is concerned about how the team can be set up to get Phil Jones in the team.

Billysboots

Visit site
I’ll nip over to Manchester and give Martial a lift to the airport myself.

Ironically, whilst I agree with you, Martial is a better finisher than the ludicrously overrated Rashford in my opinion.

If everyone is fit, neither of them get in that side.

D

Deleted member 15344

You honestly think that is amusing?
As people discussed yesterday there always some that find it amusing or appropriate to chant shocking things or make jokes of shocking things but they will prob be the first to point fingers at other clubs

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Man U should get Rooney back to play alongside Ronaldo - the last time I saw them live together at Selhurst Park they both spent most of the game on their arses whining to the referee.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Go on then, explain the joke, and tell me how it's not based on child abuse?
Ok you didn’t find it funny,that’s fine.
Really not sure why you feel the need to make such a big song and dance about it?

Little tip for you mate,don’t watch any Ricky Gervais stand up ?