The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Just out of curiosity Phil,did you search for that article?
Either way I bet you couldn’t wait to post it on here ?
Ah maybe the English fans don’t complain to the media as much .. as stated every nation has a faction of utter twits . Maybe we are so used to ours we take it as par for the course and don’t complain and suffer in silence.
I have noticed on my travels the English do suffer in silence but even the Northern Europeans will openly object if they are not happy.. so lesson is complain go to the media if need be

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-57779541.amp

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...re-danes-tell-of-being-abused-by-england-fans

I fear for what is going to happen in London tonight- a good number will be on the beer all day long , Italians have their own core issues - could turn very nasty tonight

I still vividly recall working on the evening of the England v Germany semi final of Euro ‘96 - I had spent the entire tournament abstracted from my core role and was working on a PSU serial. That’s a riot van for those who are curious.

The whole tournament was good natured until that evening. The final whistle that night was the trigger for absolute mayhem.

I’m afraid there will be bother in some parts tonight, win or lose.

D

Deleted member 15344

I still vividly recall working on the evening of the England v Germany semi final of Euro ‘96 - I had spent the entire tournament abstracted from my core role and was working on a PSU serial. That’s a riot van for those who are curious.

The whole tournament was good natured until that evening. The final whistle that night was the trigger for absolute mayhem.

I did some stewarding at Wemberlee during 96 and it was really good , as you say good natured , others did the semi final and it was the only time they could remember the police arresting people and dragging them into vans etc

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I'd have preferred Sancho or Grealish for Saka.
I think pace will be our best weapon against an aged defence.
They are hugely experienced and I can't see us out witting them.

I think grealish will get his token 20 mins at the end to have his impact which could be vital

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

The Swindon police played a blinder that night in '96.
I think it was the first tournament that England could play in after their ban from International football.
The police were very short staffed and expected serious trouble
They got every spare car or van they could find on the road, single driver, and continually kept running around the town.
All the yobbos thought there was a very high police presence and that all the vans were loaded with a dozen bobbys inside.:p

Stay safe if things go pear shaped tonight.

D

Deleted member 15344

The Swindon police played a blinder that night in '96.
I think it was the first tournament that England could play in after their ban from International football.
The police were very short staffed and expected serious trouble
They got every spare car or van they could find on the road, single driver, and continually kept running around the town.
All the yobbos thought there was a very high police presence and that all the vans were loaded with a dozen bobbys inside.:p

Stay safe if things go pear shaped tonight.

When were England banned from playing International football ?‍♂️

4LEX

Visit site
Feeling anxious, excited and a bit emotional about tonight! All those painful defeats in 96, 98, 2002, 2004, 2006 and 2018. Plus the crap inbetween. Tonight could bury the pain or be the most painful game of all. Bit that's why we love football.

I'm still not buying into the Southgate hype just yet but he has learnt from his mistakes. This side is much better with Saka/Sancho than Foden slowing the play down. You can't have a side with Grealish, Foden and Mount as it becomes too sideways and predictable. The best thing has been Saka causing trouble on the right and freeing up opace for Sterling to cause havoc on the left cutting in. No surprise Kane has fired up when we play an attacking game.

I really think we'll win tonight but if we don't, we're going to be the best side in the world over the next 2-6 years. We'll win the World Cup and the next Euros. But please let's get it done tonight and let's not play for pens for being too scared of going for it!

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
#ENG XI: Pickford, Shaw, Walker, Stones, Maguire, Trippier, Rice, Phillips, Mount, Kane, Sterling

Cautious start I suppose.
Subs will be needed!