The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Hey... you watch out for AVFC.. dont sleep on us, we're going places under our new owners. One step at a time!

Spurs arent a big club, they just have a big stadium.

When grealish had the chance to go spuds they were a top 4 regular team who were on the up whilst u were just relegated

Grealish would have given them an extra edge

To think they didn't want to pay 30 mil aha

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site
When grealish had the chance to go spuds they were a top 4 regular team who were on the up whilst u were just relegated

Would have been interesting to watch Grealish playing under Jose.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site

I am so gutted about that now. At that time I didn't realise how good he was going to become. I guess Levy didn't either.

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
4 Goals in 10 games. Tell us again about Grealish.:unsure:

DCL wont ever get in above Kane. He's clearly not seen as a good replacement otherwise he'd have had more minutes so far. Hes not a bad player - just not my pick for England.

2 of your 4 goals are against San Marino :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Ill rave above Grealish all day - because hes that good and I've known it for years - but he isnt part of the discussion in relation to DCL or our striking options.

A Vardy type player would be a much better second option for England, not sure if we have anyone coming through like him though!

D

Deleted member 16999

DCL wont ever get in above Kane. He's clearly not seen as a good replacement otherwise he'd have had more minutes so far. Hes not a bad player - just not my pick for England.

Ill rave above Grealish all day - because hes that good and I've known it for years - but he isnt part of the discussion in relation to DCL or our striking options.

A Vardy type player would be a much better second option for England, not sure if we have anyone coming through like him though!
100% agree he shouldn’t be picked over Kane, but as the lad is currently on form, he’s a worthwhile back up.

Other players are your Vardy types, DCL is there only to cover Kane.

The issue with Grealish is that there are options. (y)

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
DCL bamford and Watkins

All players I'd love to see play for us ..

Kane is above them all ofc but he needs to start scoring again

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I can't see Southgate trying DCL now but the second half yesterday was surely the time. Give him 45 minutes and see what impact he has. Could he bring more players into the game, could he offer something different? If nothing else it gives Kane a warning that he isn't undroppable. As it is he may only get used if we are losing with 10 minutes to go and he has precious little in the bag before he walks onto the pitch.

Captainron

Big Hitting, South African Sweary Person
Visit site
To be fair that "donkey" is one of the best in the world
He need to get going and show that again. He isn't getting into any threatening areas at the moment and his general play has also been poor. If he wasn't skipper then he probably would have been dropped for a game or two. Might be a good thing for him to come off the bench for a game.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site

2 of your 4 goals are against San Marino :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

He definitely retired too early, he'd still be doing a job now. The other similar options just aren't quite there. Ings - quality but can't stay fit. Rashford - can't finish. Callum Wilson probably not good enough and can't stay fit. In the future it could be Greenwood but I think he needs to be playing up front for his club and not wasted out wide.

It seems be very much an English thing to retire from international football. Other countries' senior players all seem to keep going well into their 30s, look at Chiellini, Ramos (although he's not there this time), Pepe, whereas in England they just sack it off to concentrate on their clubs. Is it a symptom of English clubs having too many games and no breaks?? Or do they just not care about the England side as much?

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
100% agree he shouldn’t be picked over Kane, but as the lad is currently on form, he’s a worthwhile back up.

Other players are your Vardy types, DCL is there only to cover Kane.

The issue with Grealish is that there are options. (y)

Grealish is the best option though.

We can play Mount, Grealish and Foden (not a fan for England so far) in the system we are playing if he'd just drop Phillips for Mount!

No player in the prem has created more than Jack over 2 seasons - other than Kevin De Bruyne - and we're still sat having conversations about whether hes best?! He plays for Villa too, with worse players.. the mind boggles!!!!!!

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
I can't believe Bamford is getting bandied about as a possible England striker, if ever there was a candidate for most bang average striker he would have to be on the list.
I remember Middlesbrough fans a few years years ago saying he didn't cut it, I mean Middlesbrough for christs sake ?

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
He definitely retired too early, he'd still be doing a job now. The other similar options just aren't quite there. Ings - quality but can't stay fit. Rashford - can't finish. Callum Wilson probably not good enough and can't stay fit. In the future it could be Greenwood but I think he needs to be playing up front for his club and not wasted out wide.

It seems be very much an English thing to retire from international football. Other countries' senior players all seem to keep going well into their 30s, look at Chiellini, Ramos (although he's not there this time), Pepe, whereas in England they just sack it off to concentrate on their clubs. Is it a symptom of English clubs having too many games and no breaks?? Or do they just not care about the England side as much?
The ones that pack it in tend to be early 30's and on the fringes. Do they want to be away from their families, often with young kids at that point, when all they do is train and then sit on the bench? They are not playing a meaningful part in games, they are squad players. Great for a manager to have available, not worth it for a player at that stage of their career. The regulars don't pack in early.