The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
It seems the plucky Scots have got their excuse now Gilmour has tested positive and Mc Ginn and Robertson will be self isolating

Fortunately for England none of their players need to self isolate as they didnt get close enough to Gilmour the other night ???

I believe the McGinn / Robertson having to isolate is a wind up....

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
It seems the plucky Scots have got their excuse now Gilmour has tested positive and Mc Ginn and Robertson will be self isolating

Fortunately for England none of their players need to self isolate as they didnt get close enough to Gilmour the other night ???

Funny that as in Scotland that joke says the England Players are deemed to be safe.
The good news is that Billy is fit to go for the final.;)

D

Deleted member 16999

I don’t think Sterling should be starting for England, but what I don’t understand is why some seem confused why Southgate selects him and a few others.

No International Manager or Club Manager, imo, picks every team they are in charge of purely on form, they have favourites or players they believe suits “their” system better than others.

Have a look at your own Club and ask yourself if you’ve questioned why a certain player has been played/picked before others even when returning from injury.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Funny that as in Scotland that joke says the England Players are deemed to be safe.
The good news is that Billy is fit to go for the final.;)

If you stopped trying to score points for long enough to read the post you quoted, you might stop shooting yourself in the foot ?

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I don’t think Sterling should be starting for England, but what I don’t understand is why some seem confused why Southgate selects him and a few others.

No International Manager or Club Manager, imo, picks every team they are in charge of purely on form, they have favourites or players they believe suits “their” system better than others.

Have a look at your own Club and ask yourself if you’ve questioned why a certain player has been played/picked before others even when returning from injury.
This is true but those players are usually put back in because the squad player taking his place isn’t as good.
That just isn’t the case in the England team.
In Sterling’s case there are better players on the bench.
But know what you mean.

D

Deleted member 15344

we can all say that we would like to see Sancho instead of Sterling or Henderson instead of Rice and DCL as opposed to Kane and Southgate could pick those players but it would still be the same prime objective- “don’t lose” , it would be the same negative mindset , the same level of managerial skills he displayed at Middlesbrough- he does not know how to play any other way. The team has no identity , no structure, no desire or leadership right now. The likes of Italy have the structure and method of play and then put the players in to fit that - England don’t appear to have a clue which way they actually want to play beyond being defensive and playing safe. Glad that TAA went home - he would be wasted. All that wonderful attacking talent and it’s just stifled in chains

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
It would be useful if we had someone that could cross the ball and put free kicks into the box. That's why JWP should have been there. Kane might have a chance then.
There’s 11 international players on the pitch.
But we don’t have anyone who can take a free kick or decent corner.
Kane’s not bad at corners.:(

Pin-seeker

Visit site
You still havent answered how many trophies these other "leaders" have won in comparison.

Quite a few England players as well as Liverpool players have talked at length on how Jordan is a great leader and captain, plus the one who got all of the premiership captains together for the NHS campaign.

Personally, I would rather have him back here with TAA rather than playing for a tin pot manager in a team that is supported by fickle, stupid and blame culture fans, in the main.
So basically unless you’re the captain of one of the top clubs in the Prem you’re not a leader?

But the captain of Man City could have been quiet as a mouse all last season & he’d be a “leader”?
?

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
some talk that Chilwell and Mount are having to isolate

Maybe that will teach some of our pampered stars

They were allowed to play again on the condition they stayed apart when not playing..ie at end of games

Mount has broken it already by meeting up with rice for a kick about

For crying out loud

I'd send them both home

D

Deleted member 15344

Maybe that will teach some of our pampered stars

They were allowed to play again on the condition they stayed apart when not playing..ie at end of games

Mount has broken it already by meeting up with rice for a kick about

For crying out loud

I'd send them both home

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www....wing-billy-gilmours-positive-coronavirus-test

Mount and Chilwell embraced and spoke to Gilmour following England's Euro 2020 draw with Scotland at Wembley on Friday, with their Chelsea team-mate returning a positive test on Monday.

they spoke to a club team mate ffs after the match - just like many other teammates have spoken to each other through the competition, and no different to the close marking they have during the game

Yet pampered and being sent home ??‍♂️

D

Deleted member 15344

You still havent answered how many trophies these other "leaders" have won in comparison.

Quite a few England players as well as Liverpool players have talked at length on how Jordan is a great leader and captain, plus the one who got all of the premiership captains together for the NHS campaign.

Personally, I would rather have him back here with TAA rather than playing for a tin pot manager in a team that is supported by fickle, stupid and blame culture fans, in the main.

As I said earlier - just because someone wears an armband doesn’t make them a leader , Kane , Rice etc maybe captains but they don’t appear to be leaders

Henderson has shown many times over the past couple of years how much of a leader he is on the pitch and as you say off the pitch.