The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 16999

For the sake of arguement, let’s just say we have four points and should get through blah de blah.

But do we see any improvement in England under Southgate in the time he has had them. Do we know what his formation is, style of play. I honestly don’t think he knows himself. The previous game Trippier at left back ?
With the attacking prowess we have at our disposal yesterday we had one attempt on target. One. That simple statistic alone should get Southgate the sack. The closest we came to scoring was a defenders header ?
Southgate said “ we struggled to break an organised team down”. He had no idea of how to change it. Changing an out of form striker for and out of position striker is Not changing it, esp when there is better form players on the bench. Sterling starting when he has struggled at City ? The FA should already be looking for the next manager although at the moment the cupboard looks a bit bare.
Did you want Pep getting the sack after City started so badly last season?

Currently Southgate has been more succesful than plenty of previous England managers so to say he should be sacked as per the bit in bold is daft.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site

Currently Southgate has been more succesful than plenty of previous England managers so to say he should be sacked as per the bit in bold is daft.

I've just seen one of my customers at the driving range, he said he'd like Pep as England manager.
Decent shout in fairness but he'd never do it.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 16999

I've just seen one of my customers at the driving range, he said he'd like Pep as England manager.
Decent shout in fairness but he'd never do it.
Tashy will want him out if we don’t win every game 4-0.??

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
Hard to be more than ok when shackled with pure defensive role

He gave Philips the licence to roam more rather than interchanging like he does at club level

Rice has got an engine it doesn’t look like Southgate is letting him out of first gear,unfortunately he’s being wasted.
He is better in a two ie him and mount or in a 3 with Phillips and him swapping

He played literally as a 3rd CB to allow the full backs forward

I mean it's an ok tactic but needed against Scotland?

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site

Is that really a serious question Paul?

Pep plays attractive winning football in Spain,Germany and England. He is a serial winner. Then you ask if I wanted him sacking after a bad six weeks.

Theres two phrases that spring to mind when talking about football.

The beautiful game.
Well under Southgate, it’s pig ugly.

Footballs coming home.
If it’s played in a pig ugly way alla southgates way, I prefer it to stay on mainland Europe.

re what Beezerk said re Pep, I honestly would not mind if he jacked in with City and managed England.

At this moment in time the whole of England needs a lift re what’s happened re Covid etc. Southgate is helping to make this country even more depressing.

I know LP has liked me post but even Klopp, and a few others would get a hell of a lot more out of that squad. What that England team Is missing is passion.

Last edited:

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Ramos alongside Pepe in defence. Suarez up front. Joey Barton in midfield.

Joey Bartons best ever game for City was when he was in a QPR shirt. He was a horrible odious little ( insert own word). He has carried that into his managerial career. ?

Last edited: