The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
It would be excellent if the device allows him to continue to play
Mate of mine had one fitted years ago .
He was an Olympic squad member in the Judo.
Never really fought again at that level but he could compete in national.
But it did cost him his job, the electro magnets in the machines in work interfered with it apparently.
Let’s hope the lad can play again.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Not surprising to see stories coming out about UEFA throwing its weight around again. Apparently threatening to pull the Euros final from Wembley if its dignateries and VIPS do not get exempted from quarentine.

if this is the case, this really needs to be stamped on with a untied front from all nations stating that they will not grant them any special dispensation on covid regulations.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Not surprising to see stories coming out about UEFA throwing its weight around again. Apparently threatening to pull the Euros final from Wembley if its dignateries and VIPS do not get exempted from quarentine.

if this is the case, this really needs to be stamped on with a untied front from all nations stating that they will not grant them any special dispensation on covid regulations.
How about a break away from them?
That seemed popular.

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
I think it is Leopards myself. Skinner and Badiell did not spot the difference and made a massive boob boo.
Scotland takes heraldry in the right spirit, we have a Unicorn as our national animal.:love:

To be fair, I did see multiple Unicorns when walking the West Highland Way!

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
How about a break away from them?
That seemed popular.

Was thinking more along the lines of participating nations agreed to decline any invite to host the final if it was being moved on the grounds that the host nation would not let the UEFA cronies and hangers on bypass covid regulations.

larmen

Head Pro
Visit site
Was thinking more along the lines of participating nations agreed to decline any invite to host the final if it was being moved on the grounds that the host nation would not let the UEFA cronies and hangers on bypass covid regulations.
What happened to the ship where Cantona hosted his football competition for the Nike adverts?

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site

Is that the same as unfastened zips?

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site

Repeat of what allegedly happened with the Champions League final then. And as we saw then, they managed to find one with whom they could come to an agreement.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Repeat of what allegedly happened with the Champions League final then. And as we saw then, they managed to find one with whom they could come to an agreement.

You would like to think that the Champions League was a one off with differing circumstances but to pull this when they have known what is necessary at least since the champtions league final is basically an attempt at blackmail. Naively I would hope that other nations would see that and be supportive.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site

I'd call their bluff and delay a decision until it's too late for them to switch venues.
They shouldn't be allowed to blackmail us and we shouldn't change our rules to satisfy their agendas.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
You would like to think that the Champions League was a one off with differing circumstances but to pull this when they have known what is necessary at least since the champtions league final is basically an attempt at blackmail. Naively I would hope that other nations would see that and be supportive.

Nothing close to a one off. In 2000, UEFA sent two sets of Spanish fans to Paris for the Champions League Final. In 2008, UEFA sent two sets of English fans to Moscow for the Champions League Final. In 2016 UEFA sent two sets of Spanish fans to Italy for the Champions League Final. In 2019 UEFA sent two sets of English fans to Madrid for the Champions League Final, AND a further two sets of English Fans to Baku, Azerbaijan for the Europa League final. And I've probably missed some.

They only give a toss about the money, they couldn't give a :poop: about the fans. Whilst the way the 6 English clubs went about the ESL was wrong, the sentiment in screwing UEFA over was spot on.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Nothing close to a one off. In 2000, UEFA sent two sets of Spanish fans to Paris for the Champions League Final. In 2008, UEFA sent two sets of English fans to Moscow for the Champions League Final. In 2016 UEFA sent two sets of Spanish fans to Italy for the Champions League Final. In 2019 UEFA sent two sets of English fans to Madrid for the Champions League Final, AND a further two sets of English Fans to Baku, Azerbaijan for the Europa League final. And I've probably missed some.

They only give a toss about the money, they couldn't give a :poop: about the fans. Whilst the way the 6 English clubs went about the ESL was wrong, the sentiment in screwing UEFA over was spot on.

Sorry, meant a one off in terms of moving the event due to covid and the situation in Turkey at the time. The requirements for holding a final (be it Champions League or Euros) were set out then and so it should have been clear that their VIPS etc would not be allowed to avoid quarentine and so the implication would be that they had agreed to those terms for the Euro final.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Guess the irony is that the UEFA great and good stand more chance of taking an unwanted variant back to their home country than bringing one in. Certainly if I were their home nation I would be having them locked down fo r14 days on tiheir return

D

Deleted member 29109

Scotland team has been leaked.
aBc9kXtV.jpg