The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
You and I know it's nothing to do with the manager. De Bruyne is just astonishingly good and has changed the game single-handedly.

Another Martinez trademark, playing people in the wrong position. Vertonghen we know is lacking a bit of pace these days, but instead of putting a solid left wing back in to cover him and help him out, he plays a forward there in Thorgan Hazard. Genius. :rolleyes:

A defensive midfielder that can't organise the defensive side of the game ..

And it's like Barca managers who have Messi in his prime and take credit for basically saying .. give the ball to Leo lol

D

Deleted member 15344

You and I know it's nothing to do with the manager. De Bruyne is just astonishingly good and has changed the game single-handedly.

Another Martinez trademark, playing people in the wrong position. Vertonghen we know is lacking a bit of pace these days, but instead of putting a solid left wing back in to cover him and help him out, he plays a forward there in Thorgan Hazard. Genius. :rolleyes:

Belgium playing awful - manager makes the change at halftime , Belgium start to dominate and get back into the game to start winning yet it’s nothing to do with the manager who made the change ?

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Belgium playing awful - manager makes the change at halftime , Belgium start to dominate and get back into the game to start winning yet it’s nothing to do with the manager who made the change ?

Manager puts out rubbish first term.. and plays poorly.

Manager then puts out team he should have and they play well

Managers initial mistake almost cost them

D

Deleted member 15344

Manager puts out rubbish first term.. and plays poorly.

Manager then puts out team he should have and they play well

Managers initial mistake almost cost them

Rubbish first team ?

That team was more than good enough to win

So it’s - team plays well , players did well

Team doesn’t play well - manager at fault.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I know you're winding me up and you're not seriously giving him credit for the most obvious no-brainer change of all time - bring on De Bruyne and Hazard. However did he come up with that? What a genius!

D

Deleted member 15344

I know you're winding me up and you're not seriously giving him credit for the most obvious no-brainer change of all time - bring on De Bruyne and Hazard. However did he come up with that? What a genius!

The same team he started with minus the right back was the team that smashed Russia 3 nil and the same De Bruyne that recently under went surgery since his face was smashed in the CL Final and was still unsure if he would ok for the group stages

You posted that the manager hinting that the manager would be able to do nothing at half time to turn things around - he did and they won but I’m sure we can see the post where you suggested what needs to be changed. It won’t hurt too much to accept that the changes the manager made at half time helped his time win the game

Last edited by a moderator:

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
The same team he started with minus the right back was the team that smashed Russia 3 nil and the same De Bruyne that recently under went surgery since his face was smashed in the CL Final and was still unsure if he would ok for the group stages

You posted that the manager hinting that the manager would be able to do nothing at half time to turn things around - he did and they won but I’m sure we can see the post where you suggested what needs to be changed. It won’t hurt too much to accept that the changes the manager made at half time helped his time win the game
Haha, stop it, seriously. ? Of course his changes won the game because he brought on DE BRUYNE AND HAZARD.

HowlingGale

Head Pro
Visit site
It would be excellent if the device allows him to continue to play
The difference is Daley Blind never suffered a cardiac arrest, think he just passed out. Can't remember where but there was an expert on somewhere that said it's highly unlikely he'll play at the top level again or any level for that matter.