The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Belgium are going to kick the ball out of play in the 10th minute and join in a minutes applause for Eriksen. I might be a grumpy old man, but I don't get the need to stop a football match for a public display of affection. They wouldn't be doing it if his shirt number was 90.
I don't really understand it. So for 9 minutes they'll be desperately trying to score, and then when it ticks to 10 someone will say "oh hang on for a minute, we're kicking it out now". And then Denmark just throw it back to them, or what? Sounds a bit of a damp squib to me but we'll see.

Eriksen has always seemed a very down-to-earth guy as well, I reckon if they asked him he'd say why are you bothering with this? lol

larmen

Head Pro
Visit site
I don't really understand it. So for 9 minutes they'll be desperately trying to score, and then when it ticks to 10 someone will say "oh hang on for a minute, we're kicking it out now". And then Denmark just throw it back to them, or what? Sounds a bit of a damp squib to me but we'll see.

Eriksen has always seemed a very down-to-earth guy as well, I reckon if they asked him he'd say why are you bothering with this? lol
What if they just have a 2 on 0 counter attack?

I would gave thought carrying his jersey out before the game, take a minute then similar to the England players kneeing.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
What if they just have a 2 on 0 counter attack?

I would gave thought carrying his jersey out before the game, take a minute then similar to the England players kneeing.
Yeah, just get it out the way before the game, announce his name for an applause or something. Either that or go with the old name on a t-shirt under your main shirt for if you score. :p

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
If Belgium’s opponents decide to throw the ball in and carry on .
What are they going to do just let them score.?
If they lost 1-0 that’s not going down well.
It’s up to the ref to stop the game nobody else.
Bit unsportsmanlike but it could happen, do they have the agreement of the other side?

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Bit unsportsmanlike but it could happen, do they have the agreement of the other side?
They are playing Denmark so it would be a bit off if the Danes did that :)

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Belgium's opponents are Denmark, hence the "tribute" to Eriksen. I think it unlikely that Denmark will play on and try to score while Belgium are honouring one of their players that nearly died. Especially as the minute applause has been organised by Danish fans.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Belgium's opponents are Denmark, hence the "tribute" to Eriksen. I think it unlikely that Denmark will play on and try to score while Belgium are honouring one of their players that nearly died. Especially as the minute applause has been organised by Danish fans.
Imagine if they did though! That would be the best piece of :poop:housery of all time.