The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

HowlingGale

Head Pro
Visit site
I wish England would play with this type of zip. Beautiful goal. A wonderful simplicity but so precise.
I've said it for years. England aren't comfortable being patient. That's why they struggle against quality teams who can hold onto the ball.
Tonight Italy are doing what Spain did the other night but with pace and purpose.

D

Deleted member 29109

The Swiss keeper needs to stop bouncing when Italy shoot.

Both feet off the floor as the player shoots gove him no chance of making a save for goals 2 and 3.

Small error in his basic technique, has massive consequences.

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
I've said it for years. England aren't comfortable being patient. That's why they struggle against quality teams who can hold onto the ball.
Tonight Italy are doing what Spain did the other night but with pace and purpose.
Hit it forward, stick it in the mixer, and bang it in the onion bag ?
I know what I like, and I like what I know ?

larmen

Head Pro
Visit site
The Swiss keeper needs to stop bouncing when Italy shoot.

Both feet off the floor as the player shoots gove him no chance of making a save for goals 2 and 3.

Small error in his basic technique, has massive consequences.
Didn’t watch this game but Sommer is one of the better keepers in the Bundesliga.

D

Deleted member 29109

Didn’t watch this game but Sommer is one of the better keepers in the Bundesliga.

It's a similar thing to what Da Gea does. A little bounce into a wide A frame stance, then a negative step with the lead foot before pushing off. Takes an extra second to get set and push off towards the ball. This tiny thing makes a huge difference in getting to the ball and making a save or not.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
It's a similar thing to what Da Gea does. A little bounce into a wide A frame stance, then a negative step with the lead foot before pushing off. Takes an extra second to get set and push off towards the ball. This tiny thing makes a huge difference in getting to the ball and making a save or not.
You're right, I think most keepers do it to help them spring, but obviously it's all about the timing. A fraction late and the ball is past you before you're even set.

D

Deleted member 29109

You're right, I think most keepers do it to help them spring, but obviously it's all about the timing. A fraction late and the ball is past you before you're even set.

Indeed. It doesn't really help at all. Its something that crept in to goalkeeping a few years ago, and many coaches are trying to coach it out.

larmen

Head Pro
Visit site
Indeed. It doesn't really help at all. Its something that crept in to goalkeeping a few years ago, and many coaches are trying to coach it out.
Might be the plyometric sessions everybody is doing these days?
I used plyos to jump higher playing basketbal.l

Yorkhacker

Visit site
Belgium are going to kick the ball out of play in the 10th minute and join in a minutes applause for Eriksen. I might be a grumpy old man, but I don't get the need to stop a football match for a public display of affection. They wouldn't be doing it if his shirt number was 90.