The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Finland and Russia are both pretty rubbish. Probably the lowest quality game I've seen so far.

Edit: Curse of the commentator. And I'm not even one.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I'd say our CB options are better than their striker options

@Orikoru I'd say the same with our keepers. It's been said before but Pickford has never made a howler for England. Henderson could have pushed him this year but he largely sat getting splinters and is now out injured anyway.

All of the above are opinions of course.
Kyle Walker has been in goal.
That’s why they took him???

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I hadn't looked at this thread for a week. I had a really good giggle skimming through the comments from the England "experts". Some real insights from the fella in the pub, top sources. I have more reliable sources in my kitchen cupboard, Heinz and HP. Bizarre mixture of negativity and exasperation - Sterling is a proven international player with a good recent record who fits the England playing style better than Sancho etc.

Some great observations too - I have identified the voices of reason!
If your spending time talking to tins in your cupboards your missing the match.;)

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
not sure which is worse, Arsenal reportedly offering 40m for Ben White or Brighton for turning it down!

actually its Villa thinking they can get Smith Rowe for £25m lol

hairball_89

Club Champion
Visit site
not sure which is worse, Arsenal reportedly offering 40m for Ben White or Brighton for turning it down!

actually its Villa thinking they can get Smith Rowe for £25m lol
Brighton are, for the amount of money they bring in, one of the most financially stable clubs around. Bloom, Barber and Ashworth run the club brilliantly.

Simply put, the don't want to sell Ben White and financially, they don't need to. Seems fair enough to me?

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
Firstly, they're all better than him but especially Donnarumma, Courtois & Lloris who are world class. Secondly, I'm kind of old school in that I like my keeper to keep the ball out of the net first and foremost. Having a good kick on him is nothing more than a bonus.

Gonna be controversial and say Lloris really isn't that good.
He got the ball but slid in from behind (between the attacker's feet). That is clearly not allowed and must be a penalty.

There's nothing in the laws to say you can't tackle from behind

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Ooooh, a little bit of passion and handbags ...................................... love it!

It may carry on after the full time whistle, too.