The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
There's photos on social media of him being stretchered off with an oxygen mask on and his eyes open. Not going to repost them as can't verify them and not sure it something that should be posted either.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
UEFA @UEFA
59s
Following the medical emergency involving Denmark’s player Christian Eriksen, a crisis meeting has taken place with both teams and match officials and further information will be communicated at 19:45 CET.

The player has been transferred to the hospital and has been stabilised

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
BBC are a disgrace, pitch invader and they manage to avoid any showing yet Eriksson and his wife and shown for over 5 minutes. Wish him well.

Rock and a hard place; if they cover it they'll be wrong according to some, and if they don't cover it they'll be wrong according to some. Given the circumstances I thought they took a reasonably decent approach.

Hopefully that picture is correct & he will recover. Good luck Christian.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
UEFA @UEFA
59s
Following the medical emergency involving Denmark’s player Christian Eriksen, a crisis meeting has taken place with both teams and match officials and further information will be communicated at 19:45 CET.

The player has been transferred to the hospital and has been stabilised

(y)

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
Brilliant news let’s hope he makes a full recovery.
Well done the medical team just brilliant your a credit to your profession.
Well done Anthony Taylor for his quick response (lucky we sent him).

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
That was horrible watching that. He collapses and then camera zooms in and he’s out of it. Then we see CPR and a defibrillator being used. Fear the worst.

Brilliant to hear the seemingly good news and a phenomenal job by the medics. The ref was quick too. Lessons learnt from previous tragedies has saved Eriksen. ?

credit where its due, Anthony Taylor was excellent!

have to admit I turned it over as soon as I saw Kjaers reaction, instantly knew it was bad

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
That was one of the worst things I've seen when watching football. Must admit I wasn't confident when I saw him stretchered off with the shroud round him and the images of his partner were heartbreaking. Seemingly he is okay and can only hope he makes a full recovery.

Puts a lot of things into perspective.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 15344

credit where its due, Anthony Taylor was excellent!

have to admit I turned it over as soon as I saw Kjaers reaction, instantly knew it was bad

The reaction from all was excellent - couple of footballers now on social media talking about the players being played to the point of exhaustion over the past 12 months - I hope its something like that as opposed to more serious with his heart

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
That was one of the worst things I've seen when watching football. Must admit I wasn't confident when I saw him stretchered off with the shroud round him and the images of his partner were heartbreaking. Seemingly he is okay and can only hope he makes a full recovery.

Puts a lot of things into perspective.

If he had a rhythm disturbance that either settled or was corrected without too much time without oxygen getting to his brain, he may well be OK, and either medication, a pacemaker or a relatively minor procedure to fix an area of his heart causing the arrhythmia may fix it pretty well. Reports that he was sitting up are very encouraging.

Even if he makes a full physical recovery, his career as a footballer is probably over.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
It looked really bad as I had turned TV on just after he collapsed, but big thanks to the medics etc who have probably savid his life

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
The reaction from all was excellent - couple of footballers now on social media talking about the players being played to the point of exhaustion over the past 12 months - I hope its something like that as opposed to more serious with his heart

Then these players are totally wrong.
It only takes a couple of people to talk crap and there’s always some idiot that latches on to it and starts spreading muck.
In this day and age players are monitored daily and have access to the best recovery processes.
Have the best nutritionist to keep them in the best condition.
They are Athletes at the end of the day and are super fit.
Also if that was the case regarding exhaustion we will see a lot more incidents like this.
Fit people are not exempt from heart attacks.