The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Support to their English colleagues after they were previously booed. I wouldn’t put it past the Scottish fans to decide to applaud the players when they are all taking the knee to contrast with and highlight any booing that might occur by England fans.?
Pro footballers are booed all of their lives. Booing is water off a ducks back. They don't need a cuddle for 1 match because of booing.

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
I see now why Southgate wanted four right backs in his initial squad - so one could play left back ?.

I have read a number of reports that he is set to start Kieran Trippier out of position on the left of a back four, which would be a baffling selection ahead of Chilwell and Shaw.

Elsewhere, the odds of Jack Grealish starting seem to be lengthening by the minute. It might be time for me to revisit my Super 6 predictions ?

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
I see now why Southgate wanted four right backs in his initial squad - so one could play left back ?.

I have read a number of reports that he is set to start Kieran Trippier out of position on the left of a back four, which would be a baffling selection ahead of Chilwell and Shaw.

Elsewhere, the odds of Jack Grealish starting seem to be lengthening by the minute. It might be time for me to revisit my Super 6 predictions ?

Not sure where he heard it but a fella in the pub last night was saying Southgate is going to start Rashford and Sterling along with Kane, utter madness if it's true, you have one of the best up and coming attacking midfielders in the world in Foden and he's on the bench, and instead he starts two players woefully short of any sort of form and neither could lace Fodens boots.
I really hope the bloke was wrong.
What is it with England managers, they always seem to go with the tried and tested, but always failing, rather than something fresh and exciting.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Not a surprise.
Imo nobody should play out of position while we have lads that play that position.
What does that say to them.
Unless it’s a specific man marking job.??

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Not sure where he heard it but a fella in the pub last night was saying Southgate is going to start Rashford and Sterling along with Kane, utter madness if it's true, you have one of the best up and coming attacking midfielders in the world in Foden and he's on the bench, and instead he starts two players woefully short of any sort of form and neither could lace Fodens boots.
What is it with England managers, they always seem to go with the tried and tested, but always failing, rather than something fresh and exciting.
Hope not !
But blokes in pubs and on the internet have a habit of being wrong.!

D

Deleted member 15344

There is lots of social media talk that it’s going to be a back 5 plus 2 sitting

Pickford

James
Walker
Stones
Shaw
Trippier

Rice
Phillips/Henderson

Sterling
Kane
Rashford

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I've just been reading an article that had this as the starting line up.......

GK: Jordan Pickford

RB: Kyle Walker

CB: John Stones

CB: Tyrone Mings

LB: Kieran Trippier

CDM: Declan Rice

CDM: Kalvin Phillips

CAM: Mason Mount

LW: Raheem Sterling

RW: Phil Foden

ST: Harry Kane

Seems to be lots of different opinions on what Southgate's going to do.

Billysboots

Visit site
Not a surprise.
Imo nobody should play out of position while we have lads that play that position.
What does that say to them.

Especially given the season Shaw, in particular, has just had.

A decision to bench Grealish would be the bigger disappointment for me. One of the best attacking midfielders we’ve had in thirty years.

Billysboots

Visit site
I've just been reading an article that had this as the starting line up.......

GK: Jordan Pickford

RB: Kyle Walker

CB: John Stones

CB: Tyrone Mings

LB: Kieran Trippier

CDM: Declan Rice

CDM: Kalvin Phillips

CAM: Mason Mount

LW: Raheem Sterling

RW: Phil Foden

ST: Harry Kane

Seems to be lots of different opinions on what Southgate's going to do.

We may have read the same article(s). Two holding midfielders with Grealish on the bench might have me mowing my lawn rather than watching the game.

D

Deleted member 15344

That's a shocker of a line up ?
It is but it’s what you expect from Southgate who is very much a safety first manager whilst also being loyal to players that have previously done well for him

Grealish should definitely be playing

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Surely, surely, surely Luke Shaw or Ben Chilwell will start in the left back position.
Surely, surely, surely Jack Grealish will start the game.
Surely, surely, surely Raheem Sterling will NOT be in the starting eleven.

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Surely, surely, surely Luke Shaw or Ben Chilwell will start in the left back position.
Surely, surely, surely Jack Grealish will start the game.
Surely, surely, surely Raheem Sterling will NOT be in the starting eleven.

He's either been turning it on in training and looking superb or he's got compromising photos of Southgate because his recent performances definitely don't deserve a starting place.

D

Deleted member 15344

England XI: Pickford, Walker, Stones, Mings, Trippier, Rice, Phillips, Mount, Foden, Sterling, Kane

No Sancho or Chilwell in the squad it seems