The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Then these players are totally wrong.
It only takes a couple of people to talk crap and there’s always some idiot that latches on to it and starts spreading muck.
In this day and age players are monitored daily and have access to the best recovery processes.
Have the best nutritionist to keep them in the best condition.
They are Athletes at the end of the day and are super fit.
Also if that was the case regarding exhaustion we will see a lot more incidents like this.
Fit people are not exempt from heart attacks.
It does make me wonder how this wasn’t picked up as they are monitored all the time.
Maybe something unusual.
Just hope the lads ok.

larmen

Head Pro
Visit site
It does make me wonder how this wasn’t picked up as they are monitored all the time.
Maybe something unusual.
Just hope the lads ok.
I think it’s just the French league which has compulsory heart screening, all others it’s just your team doctor observing the players. And they are not having heart MRIs as standard test.

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
That was one of the worst things I've seen when watching football. Must admit I wasn't confident when I saw him stretchered off with the shroud round him and the images of his partner were heartbreaking. Seemingly he is okay and can only hope he makes a full recovery.

Puts a lot of things into perspective.

No it doesn’t
Someone nearly died on the football pitch tonight and within 30 minutes people are back to being haters,slagging off refs etc.
Haters will be haters because there lives evolve around it.

larmen

Head Pro
Visit site
Even if he makes a full physical recovery, his career as a footballer is probably over.
I just remembered Gerald Asamoah, German internal striker. Not sure exactly what he had and when, but he was told he would never play again. And from some point every training session, ever match the player was in the squad there was a medic with a defibrillator present.
Not sure what it did to his insurance premiums, that’s possibly the prohibitive bit these days.

D

Deleted member 15344

Maybe something unusual.
Just hope the lads ok.

I guess it depends on what caused the issue - I believe they do get a lot of stringent medical tests and especially HCM tests after the Foe and Muamba incidents. If it is picked up just like with James Taylor then it’s career stopped

D

Deleted member 15344

Denmark tonight took me back to being at Hillsborough in the Forest end and seeing Liverpool lads die (I'd never seen a dead body before that)- Klopp got it right when the pandemic hit when he said "Football if the most important of the things that don't really matter' - don't hate anyone over their football preferences

Hate is a word that’s imo used far too quickly when it comes to football - team rivalry many times gets mistaken for hatred far too often , there aren’t many football fans who should really hate someone else just because of who they support

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Denmark head coach Kasper Hjulmand: "We had two options to play the game [today] or tomorrow at 12pm and everyone agreed to play today. You can't play a game with such feelings. We tried to win. It was incredible they managed to go out and try to play the second half."

Yet UEFA want to portray it as the players wanted to play tonight!

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
How can that be a goal for Belgium.
He’s miles offside.
Defender makes a mess of it but he dosnt know he’s offside .
They must have changed this rule in recent years and I think it's ridiculous. If you try and pass to someone who's offside, then they should be offside, end of. Why is it suddenly the case that if a defender tries to clear it that cancels the offside?? He's only having to clear it *because* there's a player there.. who's offside!! Honestly the people writing the laws don't have a brain between them I don't think. Best course of action for the defender there would have been to do absolutely nothing I guess. Because that's logical.

davidy233

Tour Rookie
www.davidyoungphoto.co.uk
Hate is a word that’s imo used far too quickly when it comes to football - team rivalry many times gets mistaken for hatred far too often , there aren’t many football fans who should really hate someone else just because of who they support
Noise up your mate in the pub - rest of it is bullshit - When I saw his missus standing at the side of the pitch being stopped from going to him by Kasper Schmeichel and another couple of his team mates I went straight back to unexpectedly watching a Liverpool fan struggling for his life from the Kop end at Hillsborough back then - I love football, I love banter over it with mates - if it's not paying your mortgage it doesn't matter at all

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
They must have changed this rule in recent years and I think it's ridiculous. If you try and pass to someone who's offside, then they should be offside, end of. Why is it suddenly the case that if a defender tries to clear it that cancels the offside?? He's only having to clear it *because* there's a player there.. who's offside!! Honestly the people writing the laws don't have a brain between them I don't think. Best course of action for the defender there would have been to do absolutely nothing I guess. Because that's logical.
Can you imagine the manager asking the defender “ why did you let that go”
He has no idea if he’s offside or not he can’t let that go .
So Lukaku is interfering with his decision to play the ball and is active imo.
As you say “ who makes these rules up “

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
That seems slightly odd. The point of taking the knee is to highlight racism within football and make people think. If they are going to do it in the game v England then why not throughout?
Support to their English colleagues after they were previously booed. I wouldn’t put it past the Scottish fans to decide to applaud the players when they are all taking the knee to contrast with and highlight any booing that might occur by England fans.?

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
It is totally counter intuitive and was designed by an idiot. It will bring more goals but make the game look silly.

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
I just remembered Gerald Asamoah, German internal striker. Not sure exactly what he had and when, but he was told he would never play again. And from some point every training session, ever match the player was in the squad there was a medic with a defibrillator present.
Not sure what it did to his insurance premiums, that’s possibly the prohibitive bit these days.

Eriksen may well be OK at a man in the street level, but just not as an athlete. Players do get a lot of screening for cardiomyopathy these days - I think the death of Terry Yorath's son at age 16 or so was a big driver for that - and regular stress tests to look for cardiac issues, but it is obviously isn't foolproof.