The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I think that you should perhaps proof read your posts.

Sheffield Wednesday should not be confused with Birmingham City.

Try the 2011 League Cup Final as an aide memoire.

apologies for my mistake got 2 complete non entity sides mixed up, would you like me to post them to you in advance for you to proof read? i assume youve never made a simple mistake like that

D

Deleted member 1740

For third time in the last four seasons, Chelsea and Arsenal end the season playing each other in a cup final.

Chelsea and Arsenal have won a combined 12 of the past 20 FA Cup finals (six each).

Chelsea are unbeaten in three games against Arsenal since the Gunners’ 2-0 home Premier League win in January 2019.

This is the 15th time Chelsea and Arsenal have been drawn together in the FA Cup.

The Blues have won five and Arsenal nine of the meetings so far.

However, the semi-final in 2009, thanks to goals from Florent Malouda and Didier Drogba, is the only victory in our last nine encounters in the competition since 1947.

So like all stats & records, things change, and that will start today ?

Not today Fishy old boy ?

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
No not for me.

Good to see Guardiola splashing the cash instead of trying to coach the expensive under performing CB's he's already got.
I agree. I’ve seen a lot of Ake, mostly at Watford, and he isn’t City quality. There was a reason why Ake was on loan and has played for teams near the bottom.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I agree. I’ve seen a lot of Ake, mostly at Watford, and he isn’t City quality. There was a reason why Ake was on loan and has played for teams near the bottom.

I don't see what Ake will bring and would be concerned about his quality especially against top teams in the CL. I agree he has played for teams near the bottom and so perhaps that has helped him stand out. Perhaps Pep has seen something and feels he can coach him to improve him. Not sure he is worth the price tag at this stage and some fo these figures aren't exactly top drawer https://www.skysports.com/football/...-bournemouth-defender-improve-manchester-city

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
I guess it says a lot when a mid range defender can be sold for 40m plus, but no one wants to spend 300m on an entire club!!!

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
sounds like Eddie Howe gone from Bournemouth

https://www.skysports.com/football/...s-bournemouth-after-premier-league-relegation

Shame but I wonder if he just feels he has taken them as far as he can. Maybe with Aki looking as though he is on the way out he thinks everything he has worked towards is being dismantled and doesn't relish having to rebuild with the expectation that will be there that Bournemouth will bounce back (or at the very worse make the play offs). I think he is a talented manager and so I don't think he'll be short of offers

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Cup final was all that’s bad about the game. Diving, cheating, players trying to get Other players sent off, surrounding refs, screaming at officials, abusing refs, managers acting like kids, VAR rubbish etc.

really? was it that bad? worse than other games?

not see any good in the game? Pulisics skill for the first goal, Aubmaeyangs brilliant finish for the winner?

who abused the ref?

what was the VAR rubbish?

Im the first to criticise the antics, often where Arsenal players were concerned, was today really that bad?

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
really? was it that bad? worse than other games?

not see any good in the game? Pulisics skill for the first goal, Aubmaeyangs brilliant finish for the winner?

who abused the ref?

what was the VAR rubbish?

Im the first to criticise the antics, often where Arsenal players were concerned, was today really that bad?
The dive and scream for the second yellow was a disgrace.
Crumpled in a heap screaming like he had a broken leg.
He hardly touched him.
Refs should be able to see that. And VAR???

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
Seen a few reports of dodgy badges on the new gear. First few weeks of the new Hummel deal and been a few people complaining that the badges are coming off the shirts and training gear after a wash or two and now a few pictures of wonky badges. Not a good look or start to the relationship with Hummel.

Wolf

Visit site
Seen a few reports of dodgy badges on the new gear. First few weeks of the new Hummel deal and been a few people complaining that the badges are coming off the shirts and training gear after a wash or two and now a few pictures of wonky badges. Not a good look or start to the relationship with Hummel.
Literally just seen someone on my Facebook share a picture of the new kit they ordered for their kid, the badge is at a 45 degree angle looks terrible

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
Literally just seen someone on my Facebook share a picture of the new kit they ordered for their kid, the badge is at a 45 degree angle looks terrible

Yep, been a ton of similar posts on Twitter the last couple of weeks. Sizing is totally different to last years' kits, badges falling off, badges put on wonky, badges looking like they've been burnt, shocking stuff really. It's a shame, as the response to their initial reveal of the kits was so positive but all that positivity is gone now.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
looks like some corners are being cut to produce Everton shirts this season.
Could they not have just spoken to the shop, sent it back for a replacement? Why the need to race to social media to complain about something that is easy to resolve? Even more bizarre when it looks bad on your own club.

On the upside at least our new sponsor is not one of the many betting companies that are invading football :D