The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 1740

Inevitable he would go. Big money coming in, big wage off the books. It helps to balance the finances, no doubt a few others will leave as well.

Ake will fit the City style of play so it makes sense. He looks a classy player but being at City will show whether he is the real deal or not as any flaws are exposed. Could be a great move for all parties.

Anyone want John Stones? He surely has to move unless he is happy to sit on the bench and take the money. Too young to do that though, 26.

I honestly dont see it.

Also a 2 left footed CB's (laporte/ake) combination is strange.

D

Deleted member 1740

Is Ake really good enough for City? Bit surprised at that. He has formed part of one of the worst defences in the league. He looks a decent player in isolation, but I thought they'd set their sights a bit higher than that.

No not for me.

Good to see Guardiola splashing the cash instead of trying to coach the expensive under performing CB's he's already got.

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
Is Ake really good enough for City? Bit surprised at that. He has formed part of one of the worst defences in the league. He looks a decent player in isolation, but I thought they'd set their sights a bit higher than that.

I really struggle to see how he is worth £40m. Played in pretty much the worst defence in the Premier League for the last few years and just been relegated. I could understand £20m, but given he is young and English I an only think thats how they have got to £40m. Also if he was that good wouldnt Chelsea be taking up their buy back offer?

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I really struggle to see how he is worth £40m. Played in pretty much the worst defence in the Premier League for the last few years and just been relegated. I could understand £20m, but given he is young and English I an only think thats how they have got to £40m. Also if he was that good wouldnt Chelsea be taking up their buy back offer?
He's not English he's Dutch.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Not the result I wanted last night and 90 minutes of nerves tonight to get to the PL play-off. Think a one off match against Brentford will be tough especially as they've already done us twice this season and looked fluent again last night. A seat at the top table is tantalisingly close now

hairball_89

Club Champion
Visit site
Not the result I wanted last night and 90 minutes of nerves tonight to get to the PL play-off. Think a one off match against Brentford will be tough especially as they've already done us twice this season and looked fluent again last night. A seat at the top table is tantalisingly close now

Best of luck to your boys, but it seems 'written in the stars' for Brentford in my view with the new stadium etc.

At least the playoffs are 3rd v 4th. Seems mad to me that the team 11 points off either of you could have gone up instead but that's the way it works!

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
So the EFL have docked Birmingham 12 points, but for next season not the one just finished (for prior season over spending offenses). Yet Wigan went into admin because of a dodgy owner (approved by the EFL) and they were docked 12 points this season. Wigan down, Birmingham stayed up.

Lets hope theres room in the court schedules because the Championship isnt going to be in any position to start soon otherwise lol

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Best of luck to your boys, but it seems 'written in the stars' for Brentford in my view with the new stadium etc.

At least the playoffs are 3rd v 4th. Seems mad to me that the team 11 points off either of you could have gone up instead but that's the way it works!
I've been saying that all the way down the line since WBA got 2nd and it's destined Brentford will start life in their new stadium as a PL side. Given they turned us over twice in the league and looked sharp on Monday and we'll potentially be without Mitrovic and Kabano they have to start hot favourites. Mind you even if we fail, Parker has done a great job in his first full season

D

Deleted member 1740

I heard a stat yesterday, Chelsea have only beaten Arsenal once in 76 yrs in the FA Cup.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
I heard a stat yesterday, Chelsea have only beaten Arsenal once in 76 yrs in the FA Cup.

For third time in the last four seasons, Chelsea and Arsenal end the season playing each other in a cup final.

Chelsea and Arsenal have won a combined 12 of the past 20 FA Cup finals (six each).

Chelsea are unbeaten in three games against Arsenal since the Gunners’ 2-0 home Premier League win in January 2019.

This is the 15th time Chelsea and Arsenal have been drawn together in the FA Cup.

The Blues have won five and Arsenal nine of the meetings so far.

However, the semi-final in 2009, thanks to goals from Florent Malouda and Didier Drogba, is the only victory in our last nine encounters in the competition since 1947.

So like all stats & records, things change, and that will start today ?

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
So the EFL have docked Birmingham 12 points, but for next season not the one just finished (for prior season over spending offenses). Yet Wigan went into admin because of a dodgy owner (approved by the EFL) and they were docked 12 points this season. Wigan down, Birmingham stayed up.

Lets hope theres room in the court schedules because the Championship isnt going to be in any position to start soon otherwise lol
I think you mean Sheffield Wednesday but your point still stands.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
For third time in the last four seasons, Chelsea and Arsenal end the season playing each other in a cup final.

Chelsea and Arsenal have won a combined 12 of the past 20 FA Cup finals (six each).

Chelsea are unbeaten in three games against Arsenal since the Gunners’ 2-0 home Premier League win in January 2019.

This is the 15th time Chelsea and Arsenal have been drawn together in the FA Cup.

The Blues have won five and Arsenal nine of the meetings so far.

However, the semi-final in 2009, thanks to goals from Florent Malouda and Didier Drogba, is the only victory in our last nine encounters in the competition since 1947.

So like all stats & records, things change, and that will start today ?
I think Chelsea will win.
Only because of Gunners defence.
Pulisic will be to much for them, he’s a quality footballer.

D

Deleted member 18588

I think that you should perhaps proof read your posts.

Sheffield Wednesday should not be confused with Birmingham City.

Try the 2011 League Cup Final as an aide memoire.