The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I'll take the positives. Until the stupid decision by Alvarez to make that tackle we were in the game and least looked like we might make something happen

Killmans control for that chance was unfortunate

Good game, but once your down to 10 Liverpool are going to run riot with those attackers

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Idiot getting sent off.
You were still in the game until then.

Very stupid tackle, he was never getting it and Salah wasn't going anywhere. Just leave him be. On a yellow he needed to think more.

But Rodriguez will cover him Saturday and prob be a better game for it as we will have to not play 2 deep defensive midfielders

Swango1980

Visit site
Another flop for EtH in Europe or is it a case of expectation by media and fans is now so high and they are expected to go deep https://www.skysports.com/football/manchester-united-vs-fc-twente/report/521752
Not sure it is a "flop", nor do I think expectations are high. Although, when Utd don't win, for some reason many seem to be comparing how bad Utd are to the way the side played under Sir Alex in PL.

Utd are nowhere near finished article, so that means it is inevitable they'll fail to win games they should have done. But, the progress will be that if we don't win, so long as there is a feeling we controlled much of the game and should have taken chances, that is progress towards a better "style of play". Worse if we are losing games, and being absolutely battered and deserve to lose.

I actually wish we had one or 2 players with huge arrogance / confidence in front of goal, because nobody seems to be ruthless at all.

Bruno now seems to be the biggest problem in this spell. He has been really poor, I didn't even realise he was playing last night until I saw him back end of 1st half. Hopefully if Mount stays fit, Erikssen hitting a decent patch (despite error last night), and several options as defensive midfield cover, ETH will look to "rest" Bruno at some point, and Bruno won't take his place for granted.

But, I have been much happier this season with performances, except the spell Liverpool smashed in their goals.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Not sure it is a "flop", nor do I think expectations are high. Although, when Utd don't win, for some reason many seem to be comparing how bad Utd are to the way the side played under Sir Alex in PL.

Utd are nowhere near finished article, so that means it is inevitable they'll fail to win games they should have done. But, the progress will be that if we don't win, so long as there is a feeling we controlled much of the game and should have taken chances, that is progress towards a better "style of play". Worse if we are losing games, and being absolutely battered and deserve to lose.

I actually wish we had one or 2 players with huge arrogance / confidence in front of goal, because nobody seems to be ruthless at all.

Bruno now seems to be the biggest problem in this spell. He has been really poor, I didn't even realise he was playing last night until I saw him back end of 1st half. Hopefully if Mount stays fit, Erikssen hitting a decent patch (despite error last night), and several options as defensive midfield cover, ETH will look to "rest" Bruno at some point, and Bruno won't take his place for granted.

But, I have been much happier this season with performances, except the spell Liverpool smashed in their goals.
Fair argument. As an outsider who always want the English sides to do well in Europe, I find United a hugely frustrating watch especially in Europe. The Eridivisie isn't as strong as the PL and Twente should be a side that United can beat especially at home. There seems a fragility at times and almost trying too hard to win and certainly not concede. I have been one that suggested EtH gets time to build and mould and I stick with that. However I do think a poor European campaign would significantly weaken his position if the PL form also struggles and they only get a Europa Conference or league place again. I think owners and fans see CL as the benchmark