The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Surprised to see Chelsea have accepted a bid for Connor Gallagher from Atletico Madrid. Yes, it's all profit for their FFP, but he was frequently their most effective midfielder last year. They couldn't agree a new deal but are happy to gamble millions on players new to the PL each season? Seems a strange one from the outside.

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
Yoro must be gutted.

I did read that the pitch that game was played on was grown/laid specifically for the game and was taken up straight after.

Given the innocuous nature of both injuries it does make you wonder if it played a part. I stress I haven’t seen the actual injuries being sustained, just read reports relating to them, which suggested neither player was subject to or involved in a challenge at the time.

Arthur Wedge

Visit site
Surprised to see Chelsea have accepted a bid for Connor Gallagher from Atletico Madrid. Yes, it's all profit for their FFP, but he was frequently their most effective midfielder last year. They couldn't agree a new deal but are happy to gamble millions on players new to the PL each season? Seems a strange one from the outside.

Believe he turned down a new contract as well

But as you say it’s pure profit for the books

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Th
Think Chelsea are still a mess from a business perspective and Maresca going to have a very tough time

Arthur Wedge

Visit site
I did read that the pitch that game was played on was grown/laid specifically for the game and was taken up straight after.

Given the innocuous nature of both injuries it does make you wonder if it played a part. I stress I haven’t seen the actual injuries being sustained, just read reports relating to them, which suggested neither player was subject to or involved in a challenge at the time.

Some of the pitches being used don’t look great , the one last night that we played on against Arsenal looked like it was coming up at the edges near the dugouts