The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
So tripping over a player who’s on the ground is a penalty now?

I do like how quickly the ref made his decision whilst looking at the screen, that’s the sort of time frame it should be.

He looks at it and is happy with his original decision, so crack on. We’ve moaned that decisions have taken far to long to come to and looking at every angle possible.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
I called it a couple of months ago. If Liverpool do not grind out results they will not finish in the top four/ champs league. At the time it didn’t go down well.
I will call something else, if Liverpool do not grind out results they will not qualify for Europe. Period.
look at the league table before you reply, it may well already be out of Liverpool’s hands with the games in hand that Villa, Everton and Spurs have.

D

Deleted member 15344

I called it a couple of months ago. If Liverpool do not grind out results they will not finish in the top four/ champs league. At the time it didn’t go down well.
I will call something else, if Liverpool do not grind out results they will not qualify for Europe. Period.
look at the league table before you reply, it may well already be out of LIverpools hands with the games in hand that Villa, Everton and Spurs have.

A couple of months ago they were top of the league ?

There is a long way to go yet - getting some players back fit will help

D

Deleted member 15344

He’s out on his own at the moment.

Souness must find his antics particularly gauling.

Every team has them - every professional footballer especially the forward will throw themselves to the ground the minute they get the chance - there is the belief that any touch “entitles” players to go down , people have complained about it for years but it won’t change until players regulary get banned for it

And oppo fans are ok to point fingers and rival players but appear to ignore their own when they throw themselves around

D

Deleted member 15344

Ref thought so. Twice. ?.

My view? TAA was unfortunate but he went to ground early and impeded. If the ref had changed his mind, again, no complaints here. If that was other end for Liverpool, I think some firm cases for a pen would be created ?
He fell over TAA who was lying on the ground ?‍♂️ CL kneed him in the back of the head then fell over - what exactly was TAA supposed to do

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Ref thought so. Twice. ?.

My view? TAA was unfortunate but he went to ground early and impeded. If the ref had changed his mind, again, no complaints here. If that was other end for Liverpool, I think some firm cases for a pen would be created ?

As you say he attempted to play the ball, he didn’t and the Everton player caught him with momentum. To be honest did it affect the outcome of the result. Nope were talking about a brownie points decision. Watching TAA was like watching Otamendi who spent half the game on his butt, you cringe knowing it could go either way.

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site
Every team has them - every professional footballer especially the forward will throw themselves to the ground the minute they get the chance - there is the belief that any touch “entitles” players to go down , people have complained about it for years but it won’t change until players regulary get banned for it

And oppo fans are ok to point fingers and rival players but appear to ignore their own when they throw themselves around

Sure but Salahs my favourite. Artistic impression is second to none.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
He was evening up for the free whacks you had on Rodriguez ?
Of all players to make a challenge like that Gomez should know better after the one by Son on him.
That was yellow all day.

Shocking ref .if that’s a pen the game is in real trouble.
The VAR ref gave him a chance to amend his mistake but he didn’t take it.

Everton tactics spot on and a deserved win imo.

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site

Correct. Richarlison was a main culprit when he was with us. We have a couple in the current squad that love to go down; frustrates the hell out of me.

Pin-seeker

Visit site

No one’s disagreeing with that Phil ?‍♂️.

We’re just saying that Salah is the worst for it ??????

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
Of all players to make a challenge like that Gomez should know better after the one by Son on him.
That was yellow all day.

Shocking ref .if that’s a pen the game is in real trouble.
The VAR ref gave him a chance to amend his mistake but he didn’t take it.

Everton tactics spot on and a deserved win imo.

Shocking? Hang on. The refs at the moment can’t win. I like to commend the ref for sticking to his decision and doing it quickly. The stuff I’ve seen recently given for pens far exceeds that incident.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Shocking? Hang on. The refs at the moment can’t win. I like to commend the ref for sticking to his decision and doing it quickly. The stuff I’ve seen recently given for pens far exceeds that incident.
He should have sent Gomez off .
DCL had played the ball and his knee collided with AA head.
He only had two things to do really all game
Both were wrong imo.