The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

4LEX

Visit site
Thing is international management is so different especially not working with the players every day. I don't know if he would have the tactical nous at that level. Definitely wouldn't be one of my top three choices

Funny thing is Lampard has a much better CV than Southgate did when he got the job.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Wow, and to think we were worried about Lampard as England manager. Welsh fans must be a bit apprehensive to say the least.

"He stepped down from his coaching role at Cardiff in January 2019 to defend himself against a claim of bullying a youth-team player. An internal investigation by the club later resulted in Bellamy issuing an apology over an "unacceptable coaching environment", although he was subject to no formal disciplinary action."

He sounds great.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Why can’t the final be on Saturday rather than Sunday?
Be a lot of sore heads at work on Monday if we make the final.

I thought it was Saturday lol thanks now I'm not working Sunday am Saturday so I can watch it without having to make sure I'm home in time

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
This seems to have gone under the radar a little but Olise has gone from Palace to Munich. Perhaps inevitable but a shame for Palace fans, even more so if Eze follows him out of the door. I don't blame the player, it is a heck of an upgrade.

One for Palace fans, what is the plan for your ground? Must be the most ramshackle in the league, once Everton move. Is it going to get an upgrade, are you looking to move?

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
This seems to have gone under the radar a little but Olise has gone from Palace to Munich. Perhaps inevitable but a shame for Palace fans, even more so if Eze follows him out of the door. I don't blame the player, it is a heck of an upgrade.
That surprised me, I knew Olise was a good player but I didn't think he was ready for a move as big as that. We'll see if he does well there I guess.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Wow, and to think we were worried about Lampard as England manager. Welsh fans must be a bit apprehensive to say the least.

"He stepped down from his coaching role at Cardiff in January 2019 to defend himself against a claim of bullying a youth-team player. An internal investigation by the club later resulted in Bellamy issuing an apology over an "unacceptable coaching environment", although he was subject to no formal disciplinary action."

He sounds great.
There was also the time he broke into a team mate’s room and set about him with a golf club!

Pin-seeker

Visit site
so who are we fancying to win tonight,France or Spain?

France have been awful,but I’ve got a feeling they win tonight.
Actually hope they do as I really wouldn’t fancy us to beat Spain IF we get to the final.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
One for Palace fans, what is the plan for your ground? Must be the most ramshackle in the league, once Everton move. Is it going to get an upgrade, are you looking to move?

my understanding is that they're going to turn it round, so the goals will be where the car park is currently, and the other end in the Arthur Waite stand. The capacity should be about 36,000 I believe and would bring in a fair bit of extra revenue

I'm not certain of the details but that's my understanding

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
my understanding is that they're going to turn it round, so the goals will be where the car park is currently, and the other end in the Arthur Waite stand. The capacity should be about 36,000 I believe and would bring in a fair bit of extra revenue

I'm not certain of the details but that's my understanding
Can they do that in a summer or will you have to play elsewhere for a season?