The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

4LEX

Visit site
This seems to have gone under the radar a little but Olise has gone from Palace to Munich. Perhaps inevitable but a shame for Palace fans, even more so if Eze follows him out of the door. I don't blame the player, it is a heck of an upgrade.

One for Palace fans, what is the plan for your ground? Must be the most ramshackle in the league, once Everton move. Is it going to get an upgrade, are you looking to move?

Great news for us too as we get £4-5m in total from the sell on clause and for the Training Compensation and Solidarity payment.

Olise is absolute quality but a bit-of a one trick pony and injury prone. He'll rip it up in Germany cutting in off the left and hitting bombs though.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Is it just me that sees the simulation getting worse? I have seen a couple of instances in the Euro's of a player writhing in agony and then the replay has clearly shown there was no contact whatsoever!
There should be retrospective bans. With the number of tv cameras around now, it would soon sort it out. At the moment there is virtually no punishment.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Is it just me that sees the simulation getting worse? I have seen a couple of instances in the Euro's of a player writhing in agony and then the replay has clearly shown there was no contact whatsoever!

Was it the Austria vs Turkey game where the Austrian player was clean through but it got called back for a free kick to Turkey. Replays showed the Austria player was no where near making contact with the Turkey player but he went down clutching his head regardless 😡

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Was it the Austria vs Turkey game where the Austrian player was clean through but it got called back for a free kick to Turkey. Replays showed the Austria player was no where near making contact with the Turkey player but he went down clutching his head regardless 😡
It automatically stops the play and players are wise to this. It's cheating of the highest order and somehow they have to stop players doing it. It's crying wolf, taking advantage of a rule change brought in to help players safety.

As I've said for many years, along with plenty of others, you can't trust footballers. If they can cheat and con, they will do.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
It automatically stops the play and players are wise to this. It's cheating of the highest order and somehow they have to stop players doing it. It's crying wolf, taking advantage of a rule change brought in to help players safety.

As I've said for many years, along with plenty of others, you can't trust footballers. If they can cheat and con, they will do.

It’s a tough one. I’d say a head injury requires a doc’s assessment in the dressing room. 5 minutes before getting back might go a long way to stopping the feigning. But would that also lead to those with a genuine head injury pretending he’s fine…

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
It’s a tough one. I’d say a head injury requires a doc’s assessment in the dressing room. 5 minutes before getting back might go a long way to stopping the feigning. But would that also lead to those with a genuine head injury pretending he’s fine…
Follow the rugby rules…

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
So sat in a swish Swedish hotel, hoping to catch the game. Checked the tv capabilities and I could chrome cast from the phone or listen to the Swedish commentary..
But to be fair the result tonight is irrelevant for me, the Spanish are the euros winners they have swept the most competitive teams away.. yes the Germans may argue but that wasn’t hand ball and Kroos should have had a red for 2 yellow offences..
I wonder if Gakpo will be as effective and whether the incoming Liverpool manager will view it with an eye to use him in that position