The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

4LEX

Visit site
The overreaction to the save from last night has really surprised me.

Yes, it was a good save but it was pretty straightforward and pales in comparison to the likes of Banks' save against Brazil or Seaman against Sheff Utd, for example.

All of these are miles ahead of Gunok's.

Recall Schiemichel making a ridiculous one for Man Utd in the CL back in 97 or 98.

Last edited:

Swango1980

Visit site
He was but I never got out of my seat watching him. An excellent defender but KDB Like Nedved just purred and made the game look easy.
Maybe. Although if people were picking their best 11 of all time, I reckon many more would have Maldini in their side than DeBruyne.

At any rate, it is just one of those silly games that mean little. Individually, you would be entitled to pick DeBruyne over Maldini if asked

Arthur Wedge

Visit site
😂 and Talksport still dribbling on about Ronaldo and how do they bring in

Piers Morgan 😂

He didn’t like being told the free kick stat

And apparently he is taking Portugal “single handedly” to the final and has done over the last 4 tournaments

If Portugal put him to the bench like the previous manager did - then they will go on and win

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
😂 and Talksport still dribbling on about Ronaldo and how do they bring in

Piers Morgan 😂

He didn’t like being told the free kick stat

And apparently he is taking Portugal “single handedly” to the final and has done over the last 4 tournaments

If Portugal put him to the bench like the previous manager did - then they will go on and win
Typical Talksport spinning out a nothing story. A waste of radio space

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
When is a debt not a debt? The Brighton owner has been talking about FFP and how teams need to stick to the rules. The sales that Brighton have made in recent years have reduced their debt to him to £373.3m, an interest free loan. Prior to last season the debt owed to him was £496.1m. Now, we look at Brighton and think 'what a well run club'. Prior to last year, it owed nearly half a billion pounds to someone though :oops: . Accountancy :rolleyes: