The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Brilliant game, brilliant save, but what’s that all about throwing cups onto the pitch.
Not like the toilet rolls I remember sailing from the back of terraces in my youth. I found till rolls far more robust as they were smaller and heavier and so would travel further and therefore unwind more paper and look better. As my old man had a sweet shop there was always a ready supply. Back in the day the old bill use to turn a blind eye especially if we were away

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Cups are free with the beer. Nobody can afford to throw coins anymore.
Didn’t the Germans threaten to stop selling drinks in and around the grounds if it didn’t stop happening?
I can’t remember a game that it hasn’t happened yet, and I don’t recall the English playing in every game;)

DeanoMK

Club Champion
Visit site
The overreaction to the save from last night has really surprised me.

Yes, it was a good save but it was pretty straightforward and pales in comparison to the likes of Banks' save against Brazil or Seaman against Sheff Utd, for example.

All of these are miles ahead of Gunok's.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site

Yes, it was a good save but it was pretty straightforward and pales in comparison to the likes of Banks' save against Brazil or Seaman against Sheff Utd, for example.

Context though. Last few seconds of the game, Turkey out on their feet. Save made, Turkey go through.

Lots of similarities to the Banks save, it was my immediate thought last night. Let him have his moment 😄 .

crdb

Visit site

Given the situation Turkey were in the form Austria have been in all competition, I don't think there was an overreaction at all!

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Only a matter of time but sad to see him go. Been a real fans favourite but deserves a chance to play for a bigger and better side - https://www.skysports.com/football/...-agree-deal-for-fulham-midfielder-worth-47-4m

Bet we sit on the cash until the last minute and don't get a suitable replacement. With Willian stalling and Decorova-Reid looking to go plus the gaps at the back and lack of goals we are looking like relegation fodder

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
In other news, Everton have signed Ndiaye from Marseille. should give us something different in attack, something we badly need, creativity. Unlike our usual summer, we are getting our business done early this year. Should mean a full pre-season for the new players, always important.

Just need to sort out the DCL situation now, one way or the other.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site

I get what you mean. It was a very good save at a crucial point in the game. But it's not one of the all-time best or anything. It was about a yard away from him, just needed a quick change of direction. It wasn't full-stretch to keep it out of the top corner or anything. Just top-drawer reactions.

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Manchester United getting rid of 250 jobs at the club. Get rid of one overpaid waster,loads to choose from, and keep the 250 dedicated staff. Well they must be dedicated to work there. Lol.

Swango1980

Visit site
Manchester United getting rid of 250 jobs at the club. Get rid of one overpaid waster,loads to choose from, and keep the 250 dedicated staff. Well they must be dedicated to work there. Lol.
I don't think Man Utd have elected to make redundancies to keep one overpaid waster. It wasn't a choice between one or the other.

They clearly find a need to restructure how they operate. It probably shouldn't come as a surprise stuff like this would happen, with INEOS clearly trying to make a lot of changes at the club, not just tinker with the 1st team squad

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
I don't think Man Utd have elected to make redundancies to keep one overpaid waster. It wasn't a choice between one or the other.

They clearly find a need to restructure how they operate. It probably shouldn't come as a surprise stuff like this would happen, with INEOS clearly trying to make a lot of changes at the club, not just tinker with the 1st team squad
As a City fan it would be lovely to lay the boot in. But bottom line. The club is a financial mess from
Top to bottom. City are quite proud of the fact of how many they employ per month. 520. utds is twice the size. What surprises me is that has it gone on for so long.