The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

PaulMdj

Visit site
You don't half post some rubbish, missing the penalty had exactly no effect on the game, didn't have a huge imapct at all, things remained unchanged until they won 3-0 on penalties but i get what you are saying.... i really don't.
That’s with hindsight! You explain why he was crying then? At the time of his tears it was absolutely huge.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Ive seen Ronaldo live more than once, even during his first spell at united. Great player yes. But Messi is better.

Two players with different attributes, and many shared attributes. Who was the better out and out winger, and who was better going up the middle? Who was the better header of the ball, and who had the better slow speed ball control?

As a player/personality, Messi for me. But who was the better player? Honestly, it’s a bit apples and oranges.

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
Don't be posting stuff like that. It doesn't fit the narrative that Ronaldo is 100% about himself, and the tears were just because he craved the attention :ROFLMAO:

I think you’ve perhaps made your point, and have already been asked once to give it a rest.

PaulMdj

Visit site
Two players with different attributes, and many shared attributes. Who was the better out and out winger, and who was better going up the middle? Who was the better header of the ball, and who had the better slow speed ball control?

As a player/personality, Messi for me. But who was the better player? Honestly, it’s a bit apples and oranges.
Totally agree it’s a very difficult subject, I was lucky enough to see players like Best, Charlton, Moore when I was younger, Rooney, Ronaldo, Gascoigne, Juninho and Zola when I travelled home and away, all of them and more were special talents

But by far the best player I saw live was Ronaldo, just another level.

Never got the chance to see Messi.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall from Leicester to Chelsea is an odd one. I get he’s a Maresca player, but this has shades of Danny Drinkwater, and look how that turned out.

Can’t see him getting much game time given the players already at Chelsea.
I keep waiting for the great Chelsea fire sale but instead, they keep buying players. Does FFP not count for them or are they just going to ride the deduction?

I'm guessing the player gets a massive pay rise, big signing on fee, and can always go out on loan in a years time after sitting on the bench for a season. Shame he isn't going to a team where he will play regularly but I suspect the numbers were too tempting.

Swango1980

Visit site
I think you’ve perhaps made your point, and have already been asked once to give it a rest.
I was only replying to Pinseekers post. I wasn't having a go at anyone in particular, just the general feeing behind the tears.

You certainly are not alone in your opinion. I appreciate the context of your views generally come from a different place, rather than many other people, non Man Utd fans, who have pretty much looked to slate Ronaldo since the day he came on as a sub against Bolton on his Man Utd debut.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I was only replying to Pinseekers post. I wasn't having a go at anyone in particular, just the general feeing behind the tears.

You certainly are not alone in your opinion. I appreciate the context of your views generally come from a different place, rather than many other people, non Man Utd fans, who have pretty much looked to slate Ronaldo since the day he came on as a sub against Bolton on his Man Utd debut.
Or perhaps some (myself included) can't stand him no matter what shirt he wears. Utd arent the be all and end all of footy you know.;)

Swango1980

Visit site
Or perhaps some (myself included) can't stand him no matter what shirt he wears. Utd arent the be all and end all of footy you know.;)
Indeed, they are not. I'm sure Barcelona fans have similar views, generally.

And then there are other people, that just can quite easily hate other people for ultimately quite trivial reasons. I guess I'd be more understanding of such views towards the likes of Joey Barton, simply given his reputation of violence and pretty controversial views.

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
I keep waiting for the great Chelsea fire sale but instead, they keep buying players. Does FFP not count for them or are they just going to ride the deduction?

I'm guessing the player gets a massive pay rise, big signing on fee, and can always go out on loan in a years time after sitting on the bench for a season. Shame he isn't going to a team where he will play regularly but I suspect the numbers were too tempting.

Hope his career doesn’t go the same way as Drinkwater’s. His Chelsea move was the death of him as a footballer, having won the title and got an England call-up.

Arthur Wedge

Visit site
All the talk after the match and now is perfect for Ronaldo - it’s all about him and very little about the result and his team

Crying because he saw his mum crying 😂😂 - whatever next

Anyway

Great to see Gakpo with another strike - doing well from the Left hand side ,

Swango1980

Visit site
All the talk after the match and now is perfect for Ronaldo - it’s all about him and very little about the result and his team

Crying because he saw his mum crying 😂😂 - whatever next

Anyway

Great to see Gakpo with another strike - doing well from the Left hand side ,
All the talk about Ronaldo because people such as you are obsessed :)

Arthur Wedge

Visit site

I suspect the only players worth selling is anyone that’s come through the academy to give them just pure profit

All the players signed in the past 2 years are on massive long contracts so I expect most will be a struggle to sell

Guess will see some loans and loan fees

Swango1980

Visit site
Pot and kettle comes to mind:)
I never started the chat about Ronaldo. I never had any intention to talk about Ronaldo. Was simply happy watching the game last night.

But I think others rushed in here to discuss him. No problem, that is what forums are for. But, I think it is fair that if some people bring those topics up, others are allowed to offer a counter view.

Ronaldo would never have been the centre of attention, had people not decided to make him the centre of attention, many of whom expressing the same views they've had for many years