The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Interesting.

Most people curse VAR when it takes so long to check a decision, saying things like "if it takes that long, it is not clear and obvious, just stick with onfield"

Whereas you seem to take opposite stance. If it takes so long, the referee should just add more time to get himself involved, because VAR clearly have been unable to say either way after such an amount of time.

I genuinely feel that is a sure fire way to make VAR significantly worse than it already is.
I just want them to get it right.

They need to sort out how long they take over things.
Look at the Holland game.
Even the comms were saying “ their looking for something to disallow the goal”
If Taylor goes to the monitor and sees what their seeing he can intervene and just give it or not.
After all he’s in charge. But made no decision as the ball was out of play.

PaulMdj

Visit site
I just want them to get it right.

They need to sort out how long they take over things.
Look at the Holland game.
Even the comms were saying “ their looking for something to disallow the goal”
If Taylor goes to the monitor and sees what their seeing he can intervene and just give it or not.
After all he’s in charge. But made no decision as the ball was out of play.
Not like the media to get it wrong or exaggerate.😂😂

PaulMdj

Visit site
I am not sure I would put kane and Saka on until 65minutes are played .. I would use Watkins/Toney and Palmer .. these 5 subs really allow you to run hard.
As for the midfield give the Newcastle lad a run out instead of Rice to protect the back and Gomez in for Trippier..
Then leave the rest as is .. see how they go and see if it’s quicker more spontaneous..
Rice plays just in front of the 2 central defenders! The Newcastle lad, Gordon, is a winger, I’m not sure that would work, in fact it’s a bit like saying put Ramsdale in goal and put Pickford at left back as he’s left footed.🤪

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
really looking forward to Austria v Netherlands....both can win the group, both can finish third. Austria have looked really lively and I expect the Dutch to be a bit more positive than they were against France. Anticipating goals.

4LEX

Visit site
That's a bit like changing your tie because you've crapped your pants.

Completely pointless change that doesn't address the issues with the set up.

It is a mildly positive change as Gallagher presses well and higher up the pitch.

I'm confident we'll turn up and put on a show, top the group and the draw has really done us a favour if it goes as planned.

The key is we must start to get some momentum and control the game for 90 minutes.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Rice plays just in front of the 2 central defenders! The Newcastle lad, Gordon, is a winger, I’m not sure that would work, in fact it’s a bit like saying put Ramsdale in goal and put Pickford at left back as he’s left footed.🤪
Is he thinking Wharton?
He’s from Palace I think.

sunshine

Visit site
So you don’t think Southgate has his normal that no matter what happens will get picked - players that are undroppable regardless of performance

Systems etc may change but his mindset is still the same - defensive , do not lose mindset , shackling the players

Yes he sets out to be conservative. First objective is to not lose. Find fairways and greens in regulation, and hope to make a few putts.

But the question was would he rotate players given England have qualified. The answer is he rested 8 players in 2018 so he has shown he is prepared to rotate if he wants to.

sunshine

Visit site
Still think Southgate prefers Eze over Gordon, could of given Gordon a try in either of the previous games late on, but twice put Eze on.🤷‍♂️
All I can think is that he sees Eze do more defensively.😵‍💫

No it's because Eze is better. More creative, more varied style of play, more likely to deliver an "x factor" moment that unlocks a defensive team.
Gordon is good but more predictable.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Well the Dutch are downright useless....this comp has so many so called footballing powerhouses putting in mediocre, uninspired performances, it is untrue.
To be fair, the Dutch haven't been a powerhouse for a good while. We want to see what we hope to see from Holland but that hasn't happened for a lot of years.