The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Problem with England is players like Bowen, Watkins know no matter how well they play they won't get the nod to start .. no way will kane and Saka be dropped

Foden will most likely be the one to suffer but he's been shifted out of position as it is

Surely we had some kind of left back to give natural width

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Yeah, I think it's clear the Trent in midfield experiment hasn't worked, and will only get found out further when we play better teams. Third group game would be the ideal time to try Jude deeper, Foden in the number 10 and Gordon give us some legs down the left.
But that’s the problem, GS is experimenting in the finals. Pathetic.

Ave said for far too long, the players have carried Southgate. Tonight there not and it shows. The last two games the balance has been dire. Foden and Bellingham should be the middle three with Gallagher for the next game with Gordon on the left. When Shearer says Kane drops to much for the ball. I said last week that if Pep managed that team, if Kane dropped for the ball he would be sat with Pep.
It quite frankly is the worst game I have seen England play in a tournament. And that is down to one man.

Swango1980

Visit site
Of all the "top" nations, are England traditionally the most boring football nation of them all?

We can remember periods where we've been entertained by nations like Brazil, France, Spain, Germany, etc.

I can barely remember an individual match England have been entertaining. Maybe v Netherlands 4-1 in Euro 96, and that time they thrashed Germany in qualifiers.

They must bore the rest of Europe to death. Southgate is the ideal manager if that is their target

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Do you think that Southgate watches any of the other matches? If he watches Spain, Germany, France etc does he think, "We're playing as well as they are"? And if not why doesn't he think that it might be a good idea to play faster, more attacking football that actually worries the opposition?

Arthur Wedge

Visit site
Everything that was said the other day - still valid right now , same England , same Southgate - people can point to playing TAA out of position but there are bigger problems than that

There isn’t a single player that can hold their heads up after that

Out fought , no energy , no dynamism