The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Arthur Wedge

Visit site
Iā€™d rather see him sat in the royal box. His defending is poor, especially in terms of tracking back, and thereā€™s far better midfield players.

But the best passer of the ball in the squad that can open up doors others canā€™t - thatā€™s why you have him as an inverted right back alongside a CB who covers. For someone that bad at defending he hasnā€™t done too bad in one of the best defences over the last 5/6 years
Klopp gets the best out of him - Southgate needs to as well

PaulMdj

Visit site
Donā€™t think Iā€™d be starting Mainoo or Palmer, I accept the ā€œif theyā€™re good enough theyā€™re old enoughā€ argument, just not sure they are ready to be first XI.

If Trippier is fit then play Gordon, they know each others game.

If plays a back 4 I donā€™t think heā€™ll start TAA.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Donā€™t think Iā€™d be starting Mainoo or Palmer, I accept the ā€œif theyā€™re good enough theyā€™re old enoughā€ argument, just not sure they are ready to be first XI.

If Trippier is fit then play Gordon, they know each others game.

If plays a back 4 I donā€™t think heā€™ll start TAA.

The group games are, theoretically, easier than the knock out games so would be a better time to play them and allow them to build up a bit of experience and confidence.

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
From Sky;

ā€œThe review concluded that Ten Hag deserves a chance to show what more he is capable of within the new sporting structure implemented following Sir Jim Ratcliffe's INEOS taking charge of football operations.ā€

Common sense appears to have prevailed after all.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I can't believe there's debates around TAA starting in midfield and Bellingham playing deeper, a position he hasn't played in all season just to cram in Foden. Bellingham is our best player and has linked up well with Kane, plus they can switch positions and also play together further forward. He's physicial and decent in the air.

The defence is a bit of a mess so I won't mention that but the team should be;

Rice
Mainoo
Bellingham

Foden
Kane
Saka

I would be seriously tempted to put Palmer over Saka but feel for the first game that's the team which deserves it and is our best side. I also like Gordon on the left and think we look better with pace out wide. A balanced lined up with a strong bench is what we need. If things aren't working, Southgate needs to be big enough to make big calls early instead of doing nothing and letting games drift.
Yeah I think pretty much the same, except I have a feeling Gallagher is more likely than Mainoo in the middle there. Bellingham can play as an 8/10, and Foden plays off the left all the time for City so that's not really an issue. Only problem really is that we won't have a natural left back playing to overlap him when he comes inside. I see Gordon as the first sub in a game that's not going well as he will offer us more width.

Arthur Wedge

Visit site
From Sky;

ā€œThe review concluded that Ten Hag deserves a chance to show what more he is capable of within the new sporting structure implemented following Sir Jim Ratcliffe's INEOS taking charge of football operations.ā€

Is it common sense ? Or have they gone out and spoken to a number of people including Tuchel and been turned down and ended up with little choice but to stick with ETH ?

If he was their man then why not state that weeks ago - i do feel sorry for him in that respect

And it shows how people see him when opposing fans are actually happy he is staying. Iā€™m wanting to see a Rio style slap a new contract in front of him

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
From Sky;

Agreed. ETH has said from day one he viewed this as a long term project and good to see owners and board actually backing him and giving some time to make the changes to the squad he sees fit and get them playing a style that he thinks will work. So many get dumped too early when a bit of patience and a long term vision would be better suited than a revolving door policy

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Is it common sense ? Or have they gone out and spoken to a number of people including Tuchel and been turned down and ended up with little choice but to stick with ETH ?

If he was their man then why not state that weeks ago - i do feel sorry for him in that respect

And it shows how people see him when opposing fans are actually happy he is staying. Iā€™m wanting to see a Rio style slap a new contract in front of him
Don't forget Klopp wasn't an overnight success and took time to get the team organised and his players. Why should it be different just because its United. What about your new manager if it goes south early on. What then?

Swango1980

Visit site
Don't forget Klopp wasn't an overnight success and took time to get the team organised and his players. Why should it be different just because its United. What about your new manager if it goes south early on. What then?
He'll be consistent. If Liverpool win 2 trophies in his 1st 2 seasons, but have a poor league position, he will demand the manager is sacked. Even if Liverpool have many injuries, he'll still demand he is sacked.

Unless he thinks the Liverpool players are just tired. Then all will be OK, and he'll claim the manager could still be one of the best the PL has seen :)

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
He'll be consistent. If Liverpool win 2 trophies in his 1st 2 seasons, but have a poor league position, he will demand the manager is sacked. Even if Liverpool have many injuries, he'll still demand he is sacked.

Unless he thinks the Liverpool players are just tired. Then all will be OK, and he'll claim the manager could still be one of the best the PL has seen :)
You can almost see the post on here now!!!!!!!