The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
Thoroughly deserved is arguable. Utd took there chances. City didn’t.
I didnt see City create anything clear cut that would have troubled the xG statistics....some long range shots maybe but nothing where the striker was facing goal in control of the ball, with the whites of the keepers eyes bulging.

Haaland was utterly anonymous for 90 minutes....his lack of lateral movement was very surprising...for all City's possession and moving the ball from side to side they never actually really got the Man U defense moving around....for me it needed someone to be making moves across the edge of the box, dragging defenders with them, creating holes for others to run in to.

Disappointed that Man U have scuppered Newcastles European football adventure for next season but cant deny they thoroughly deserved it for an outstanding team performance.

Red devil

Visit site
Not had a great season, but Amrabat was huge today. Absolutely worked his socks off, dropped into the back line when needed and snuffed out attack after attack. A huge performance.

Next few days are going to be interesting to say the least.
He was. Glad Casimero chickened out because he would have been exposed.
AWB played well too.

Leftitshort

Visit site
We were pretty poor today and couldn't deal with a hoof up the park all game. Foden and De Bruyne off the mark. Stones was a strange choice.

Personally I struggled to get up for today after the past several games to bring the title home. I know they're professionals but wouldn't deny them some come down and dip in form after playing under immense pressure for the last month or so.

Rodri's winning run had to end some time!
This is why people struggle with liking city. You’re only 137 fa charges away from gillingham in league 1 again

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
We were pretty poor today and couldn't deal with a hoof up the park all game. Foden and De Bruyne off the mark. Stones was a strange choice.

Personally I struggled to get up for today after the past several games to bring the title home. I know they're professionals but wouldn't deny them some come down and dip in form after playing under immense pressure for the last month or so.

Rodri's winning run had to end some time!
Couldn’t have put it better. How ever you dress it up. It was a Derby and they can go either way. If you don’t take your chances you will not win. Another strange choice by Pep to dip in Gvardiol when Doku should have been there. A deserved win by Utd boiled down to two poor defensive mistakes by Gvardiol and Walker. And yet Utd defensively were solid.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
I didnt see City create anything clear cut that would have troubled the xG statistics....some long range shots maybe but nothing where the striker was facing goal in control of the ball, with the whites of the keepers eyes bulging.

Haaland was utterly anonymous for 90 minutes....his lack of lateral movement was very surprising...for all City's possession and moving the ball from side to side they never actually really got the Man U defense moving around....for me it needed someone to be making moves across the edge of the box, dragging defenders with them, creating holes for others to run in to.

Disappointed that Man U have scuppered Newcastles European football adventure for next season but cant deny they thoroughly deserved it for an outstanding team performance.
So Haaland never hit the bar and Alvarez never had two clear chances. 😳

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
This is why people struggle with liking city. You’re only 137 fa charges away from gillingham in league 1 again

Ah well we can bring Dickov out of retirement and build again.

Can't say I've said anything about Utd today you should take offence at. On the day the better team won. I'd argue that's more because we played poorly than Utd played really well but they certainly performed at a level not seen most of the season.

Anyway.

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
So Haaland never hit the bar and Alvarez never had two clear chances. 😳
But the shot that hit the bar was no more than a half chance snapshot. Alavrez was never properly in control of the ball on either of his chances...it was stuck under his feet and he couldnt get a clean shot away.

As a neutral watching, at no time did I ever feel that City were going to open up Man U....plan B seems to be much the same as Plan A but with different players.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Good hoof forward wasn’t it ?

Cmon Amanda, I like your objectivity on here but you’re coming across as a bitter blue.

Just say Utd played better and deserved the win, without caveating it with “we were tired after playing under immense pressure ”, ”utd just hoofed it forward “ etc etc

To be fair to Amanda, she did say that, "On the day the better team won", probably through a gritted set of keys.
But she did say it.