The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
BBC or ITV?

My selection is ITV. Always likely to be, with Keano on

Whichever channel makes us look least poor.

What’s your take on that lineup? I think Diallo has done enough in the last couple of outings to get a start. And Hojlund absolutely has. Ten Hag clearly wants to stifle City as best he can, but we’re nowhere near good enough for that.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Oh my god. Not only does Rashford start, but Hojlund doesn’t.

Unbelievable selection.

Having seen the line up I'm surprised it's not on the Comedy Channel!
Rashford in for Rasmus? I really don't get that one at all.
He's crap as a striker ......................... or is that McTominay's job.
Three centre backs on the bench, why?
Not really sure what EtH is thinking, or maybe he doesn't care because, apparently, everyone knows that this is his last match!
I think we'll score, but I'm going 3-1 to City.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site

What’s your take on that lineup? I think Diallo has done enough in the last couple of outings to get a start. And Hojlund absolutely has. Ten Hag clearly wants to stifle City as best he can, but we’re nowhere near good enough for that.

Rashford couldn't even stifle a yawn!

Swango1980

Visit site

Well, I thought we've played some of our better football recently with no striker, and Hojlund coming off bench. In reality, we need at least one more striker, who can play a slightly different role that Hojlund (or compliment him as a partner, depending on opponent)

Since coming back from injury and starting, Utd have just looked really disjointed. So, yeah, I suspect he wants more bodies in midfield, and some pace if we ever get some space. Hard whatever we do.

One thing that will surprise some, he isn't starting Antony or Hojlund. And there is me thinking he only plays his favourites, no matter what.... :)

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
Having seen the line up I'm surprised it's not on the Comedy Channel!
Rashford in for Rasmus? I really don't get that one at all.
He's crap as a striker ......................... or is that McTominay's job.
Three centre backs on the bench, why?
Not really sure what EtH is thinking, or maybe he doesn't care because, apparently, everyone knows that this is his last match!
I think we'll score, but I'm going 3-1 to City.

I think we’ll be playing a false nine in Fernandes with Rashford on the left. He has done absolutely zip to warrant a place.

I hope he makes me eat my words but the response I am already seeing on social media would suggest the majority of United fans are as despondent about his selection as I am.

I’d far rather Hojlund with Garnacho on the left and Diallo on the right. And I genuinely thought that was what we would see. If this is to be the manager’s last game, I’m stunned he’s gone for the one player who has let him down repeatedly, on and off the pitch, all season long.

Swango1980

Visit site
I think we’ll be playing a false nine in Fernandes with Rashford on the left. He has done absolutely zip to warrant a place.

I hope he makes me eat my words but the response I am already seeing on social media would suggest the majority of United fans are as despondent about his selection as I am.

I’d far rather Hojlund with Garnacho on the left and Diallo on the right. And I genuinely thought that was what we would see. If this is to be the manager’s last game, I’m stunned he’s gone for the one player who has let him down repeatedly, on and off the pitch, all season long.
I suppose if most people thought that would be our line up, so did Pep.

Maybe one of the few weapons we could use is to at least be unpredictable. Might increase our chances of a win from 5% to 6%

road2ruin

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
United’s only chance today is to bring the big bus, park it and just hope luck is on our side with one big chance that is taken.