The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Swango1980

Visit site
So it’s the “fans” paying for TV that is the most important, but having all games televised at 3pm is bad!

Got some bad news for you, all games are televised live, regardless of kick off times, IN EVERY OTHER COUNTRY BUT UK.

It’s only the stupid rules brought in during the early 60’s, way before the PL invented football, to help smaller clubs (apparently). That’s why even the sunday match isn’t at 3pm and there’s only 1 match on.

What happens now? People turn to illegal methods to watch the games and TV Companies/PL etc are losing money to that.

The only reason Kick offs varied from 3pm saturday is for TV or in a rare case clashes with other events in the cities.

8pm, 8:15pm kick offs midweek often mean fans can’t catch trains home!

If you’re going to move times fine! But think about the travelling fan! The game is nothing without fans in the grounds.
I wasn't supporting the 3pm blackout, I'm against that.

I simply wasn't supporting having all 10 PL games at 3pm on same day. Otherwise we'd never watch any other match but our own team. I don't think fans want a football free Sunday. I think millions of fans will look forward to a lunch time game on Saturday, and a dinner time game in the evening.

I'd imagine a lot of us will be watching Spurs v Liverpool later, even if we support someone else

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
It really is ridiculous how we go from a brilliant 2-2 draw against Liverpool to getting spanked by Chelsea lol 🤣

Hopefully a new defence incoming

Aguard and Dinos arent the most amazing but really have been missed since Munich

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
It really is ridiculous how we go from a brilliant 2-2 draw against Liverpool to getting spanked by Chelsea lol 🤣

Hopefully a new defence incoming

Aguard and Dinos arent the most amazing but really have been missed since Munich
I never want to see Moyes, Zouma, Ogbonna, Coufal, Paqueta, Creswell, Ings again. Thanks and cheerio

( Haarland against our back four on the last day is gonna be absolutely carnage)

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
All’s I’ll say is if it goes down to the last day Arsenal have no chance. 😁
After yesterday’s Havertz penalty where he dragged his foot which is deemed not to be a penalty under the current rules. I honestly don’t know. What I do know is don’t know what is happening to football. 😖

4LEX

Visit site
Shout out to Conor Gallagher. In a chaotic season he's been one of Chelsea's best players. The funny thing is due to their crazy spending, he'll most likely be sold to help stop FFP breaches as he's homegrown and pure profit on the books.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
He wanted away since January and it shows big time, he might as well as painted my garden fence this afternoon for all the work he put in today.

Jesus rewrite facts much

He missed 6 premier league games after that awkward injury at arsenal (and coming back quickly then Injuring it again)

Since his return we lost 6 games.

He got us back in it at Burnley and wolves

Scored the important first goal at friberg

Our fans love to blame someone ..

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
Jesus rewrite facts much

He missed 6 premier league games after that awkward injury at arsenal (and coming back quickly then Injuring it again)

Since his return we lost 6 games.

He got us back in it at Burnley and wolves

Scored the important first goal at friberg

Our fans love to blame someone ..
I think you read too many stats and don’t watch enough football…Last few games the bloke has barely broke sweat.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I think you read too many stats and don’t watch enough football…Last few games the bloke has barely broke sweat.
Nothing to do with stats.

It's to do with facts. He missed all those games with injury so hardly can say "oh he has been wanting out since January" he missed most of January and Feb injured

His goals got us 4 points from wolves and Burnley

I saw him against friberg he was excellent and that goal was so important

He's becoming another Haller. The fans have taken a disliking for whatever reason and now just can't accept talent.

I've seen him moaned about for giving the ball away too much. Fact of the matter the most creative players give the ball away more because they try to do more with the ball. It either comes off or doesn't.

That pass to through to Bowen had every chance of being overhit, intercepted.. but it found him and we won a cup

Starting to think our fans don't actually understand a good player if they bite them on the bottom

Kudus has been pretty anonymous since coming back from AFCON, apart from a couple of good performances.. yet he gets a free ride

It will be his turn next year when paquata is winning the title with city