The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
Nothing to do with stats.

It's to do with facts. He missed all those games with injury so hardly can say "oh he has been wanting out since January" he missed most of January and Feb injured

His goals got us 4 points from wolves and Burnley

I saw him against friberg he was excellent and that goal was so important

He's becoming another Haller. The fans have taken a disliking for whatever reason and now just can't accept talent.

I've seen him moaned about for giving the ball away too much. Fact of the matter the most creative players give the ball away more because they try to do more with the ball. It either comes off or doesn't.

That pass to through to Bowen had every chance of being overhit, intercepted.. but it found him and we won a cup

Starting to think our fans don't actually understand a good player if they bite them on the bottom

Kudus has been pretty anonymous since coming back from AFCON, apart from a couple of good performances.. yet he gets a free ride

It will be his turn next year when paquata is winning the title with city
Here’s a stat for you, 70…70 goals conceded. The most West Ham have ever conceded in the Premier league…With a trip to the Etihad to come. We'll be on the Repair Shop the next day showing how we had a new arse fitted. 😁

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Here’s a stat for you, 70…70 goals conceded. The most West Ham have ever conceded in the Premier league…With a trip to the Etihad to come. We'll be on the Repair Shop the next day showing how we had a new arse fitted. 😁

Failing to see how goals conceded are on paquata? Take a firm look at zouma. He is the cause of most of the goals we ship and is a god awful captain. No leadership

We need a premier league quality centre half and by some miracle we need to hang onto paquata and kudus

Build around a new striker but with a solid centre half

Ironically our season would be a lot better if we had got maigure over the line

Wouldn't be suffering zouma limping around the pitch

samthom99

Visit site
It really is ridiculous how we go from a brilliant 2-2 draw against Liverpool to getting spanked by Chelsea lol 🤣

Hopefully a new defence incoming

Aguard and Dinos arent the most amazing but really have been missed since Munich
Lets be honest, you only got a draw v Liverpool because they have imploded.

Hardly great tactics/peformances from Wet Spam

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
Post 57,393 explains it clearly👍
Consistency? You might as well ask for Unicorns.

Not even the best players in the league are consistent all the time, Sallah, Haarland, Watkins have all been “off” for periods of the season.

Inconsistency is a human condition and there is nothing we can do about it…it’s made worse by the constant edicts and rule changes by the people who run the game, every time they tinker they make it worse… (a bit like David Moyes substitutions. 😆)

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Had the club / Moyes actually confirmed he wasn’t staying on before this?

Moyes has said he won't decide to accept the contract or not until end of season which means we have to look for a new manager regardless to be in a good position rather than him leave and not have someone ready

Part of me thinks he decided to go anyways as the director of football is calling transfers and Moyes wants his say but the club wants to have a head coach not a manager

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
Very strange, didn't he moan at wolves for not getting players he wanted? Yet our next head coach role will work as a coach and get no say in transfers
It does seem strange, I hope everyone knows their roles clearly. Gotta blame Sully for the mess with Moyes and Steiten. Seems to have been promising both of them the same thing.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
It does seem strange, I hope everyone knows their roles clearly. Gotta blame Sully for the mess with Moyes and Steiten. Seems to have been promising both of them the same thing.

Exactly, now even tho I like and respect Moyes I do prefer the idea of steiten being in charge of transfers and a coach getting the best out of them

I mean kudus and Alvarez are good starts

Give him another summer should be good

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
Exactly, now even tho I like and respect Moyes I do prefer the idea of steiten being in charge of transfers and a coach getting the best out of them

I mean kudus and Alvarez are good starts

Give him another summer should be good
I’m a big fan of Steiten, i hope he had a lot of input in the selection. Important that he can work with the coach.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I’m a big fan of Steiten, i hope he had a lot of input in the selection. Important that he can work with the coach.

He seems very professional which is a massive change from Sullivan

The rumour I have heard is we could be looking to be up for sale .. with zero FFP to worrying about making us real positive investment opportunity to a new owner ..

Sounds like why Phillips was the only loan and not a full time signing

PaulMdj

Visit site
Moyes has said he won't decide to accept the contract or not until end of season which means we have to look for a new manager regardless to be in a good position rather than him leave and not have someone ready

Part of me thinks he decided to go anyways as the director of football is calling transfers and Moyes wants his say but the club wants to have a head coach not a manager
Moyes has history doing this! When at Everton it was an open secret Utd had approached him to replace AF in the January, his contract was due up in the summer and he did exactly the same when questioned by the press (ie I’ll decide in the summer)

We then had a few players who’s contracts were also due in the summer and 2 of them wouldn’t commit either.

Summer comes and he goes to Utd for free, so we got no compensation and he then signs Fellaini who was 1 of the 2 who wouldn’t sign a new contract.

I don’t blame him leaving us for Utd, but if he’d of signed the contract he was offered by us Utd would of had to buy him out.

I hope yous have called his bluff and he’s out on his harris in the summer