The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Ok Mr Pedantic:rolleyes::rolleyes:;)

Excluding Violent conduct, the ref cant penalise a player if the ball is not in play. Is that ok?

Btw, Its in Law 11 if you want to check the laws of the game(y)

Sorry for being right, :ROFLMAO: and there you go again attacking a poster, with your Mr Pedantic comment. Getting quite a reputation for it aren’t you Sam.

PaulMdj

Visit site
How do the other 14 benefit from the 6 in europe doing well? I
Really? Wasn’t there an extra spot available this season? Profile of the League leading to investment opportunities, plus we can get 7 teams in Europe, ie, this season.
Do you think at the moment Sheff Utd contribute as much as Man City or Arsenal?

samthom99

Visit site
Sorry for being right, :ROFLMAO: and there you go again attacking a poster, with your Mr Pedantic comment. Getting quite a reputation for it aren’t you Sam.
As my response was to @Colchester's post 57303 the question he asked. It was specific to his question. There was no violent conduct.

Attacking a poster?? dont be so precious.

PaulMdj

Visit site
Pep spat his dummy out after the Semi final
Pep, Klopp and others have been raising this issue for years! Look at the Bayern v Arsenal 2nd leg, Bayern had their game moved to the Friday night, giving them an extra 24hrs over Arsenal who played on the sunday! Maybe that did make a small difference! Who knows? But it certainly wouldn’t of helped Arsenal

samthom99

Visit site
Really? Wasn’t there an extra spot available this season? Profile of the League leading to investment opportunities, plus we can get 7 teams in Europe, ie, this season.
Do you think at the moment Sheff Utd contribute as much as Man City or Arsenal?
No we cant, Germany got the last space. We stay on 6.

No they don't, they've been rubbish and a waste of a PL place this season.

PaulMdj

Visit site
No we cant, Germany got the last space. We stay on 6.

No they don't, they've been rubbish and a waste of a PL place this season.
Can get! Never said next time, but there will be opportunities in the future! And my point is we had 7 this season!

You’re 2nd paragraph backs my point up🙄

Another thing, prior to the RM/City 1st leg, RM had 8 days off, City had 2🤷‍♂️

samthom99

Visit site
Can get! Never said next time, but there will be opportunities in the future! And my point is we had 7 this season!

City have spent £1.1bn on footballers. They also had over £300m worth of top talent sat on the bench.

So because Sheffield Utd have been rubbish you're suggesting they should just bend over backwards and be walked over?

Last edited:

larmen

Head Pro
Visit site
Pep, Klopp and others have been raising this issue for years! Look at the Bayern v Arsenal 2nd leg, Bayern had their game moved to the Friday night, giving them an extra 24hrs over Arsenal who played on the sunday! Maybe that did make a small difference! Who knows? But it certainly wouldn’t of helped Arsenal
It’s common in Germany. Whoever plays CL on Tuesday gets the Friday evening spot the weekend before, whoever plays European league on Thursday gets on of the Sunday slots the weekend after. They set the dates for most rest for teams playing in Europe. And while the fixtures are planned a season in advance the actual dates and times for match days are set some ~8 weeks before only. Same for teams in the domestic cups and mid week games.

samthom99

Visit site
It’s common in Germany. Whoever plays CL on Tuesday gets the Friday evening spot the weekend before, whoever plays European league on Thursday gets on of the Sunday slots the weekend after. They set the dates for most rest for teams playing in Europe. And while the fixtures are planned a season in advance the actual dates and times for match days are set some ~8 weeks before only. Same for teams in the domestic cups and mid week games.
Germany have 2 less league games and only 1 national cup.

Theres no equivalent to the Carabao Cup in Europe's top leagues. They also have a proper winter break.

Swango1980

Visit site

Your good at picking individual incidents to try and back up your point.

Let's ignore Real Madrid's first 7 Champions League games this season, where I believe they played 3 days after a league game. The league game often played at 5.30pm or 8pm.

Worth adding. Real Madrids last domestic cup game was mid January I think. City are in FA Cup final. City also played in that World Club Championship thing. Probably doesn't give them a lot of wriggle room to have lovely rest periods of 4 to 5 days before games

Last edited:

PaulMdj

Visit site
City have spent £1.1bn on footballers. They also had over £300m worth of top talent sat on the bench.

So because Sheffield Utd have been rubbish you're suggesting they should just bend over backwards and be walked over?
So what! And I'm not suggesting Sheffield Utd simply bend over, their vote is equal to City's, but the sad fact is, the better and more successful our teams are, the more money everyone else benefits from.

PaulMdj

Visit site
Exactly, but we are so tribal in this Country we don't see the big picture.

Swango1980

Visit site
MaN CiTy dIdN't GeT kNoCkEd OuT iN GrOuP STaGe! whY WoUlD I mEnTIoN iT
You've come up with zero solutions. Unless you can invent more days in a week, what you want done?

It is not like Real Madrid have had 8 days to rest before every Champions League game, is it???

Just say something that is worth discussion, like scrapping a cup, reducing PL size, or reducing the summer break

Swango1980

Visit site
So, Liverpool and City will have played 59 fixtures this year, I believe City played more than 60 last year?

Meanwhile, I think Bayern will play 50 games this year if they get to final in Champions League.

I think I've identified the reason why it is so much easier to give German clubs a rest between games.

samthom99

Visit site
So what! And I'm not suggesting Sheffield Utd simply bend over, their vote is equal to City's, but the sad fact is, the better and more successful our teams are, the more money everyone else benefits from.

Would you be happy for your club to be treated like a nobody for the top 6 to be successful in europe?

PaulMdj

Visit site
Would you be happy for your club to be treated like a nobody for the top 6 to be successful in europe?
What part of everybody's vote is equal do you not understand? If the PL proposed that Clubs in Europe were given preferential treatment for televised games before European games, like in Germany, would they accept it?

Answer Yes or No,

No Team is being treated like a nobody!

samthom99

Visit site
What part of everybody's vote is equal do you not understand? If the PL proposed that Clubs in Europe were given preferential treatment for televised games before European games, like in Germany, would they accept it?

Answer Yes or No,

No Team is being treated like a nobody!
That vote would be like Turkeys voting for xmas. The fairest way possible would be everyone in the league plays at 2pm sunday and all european games are played at 8pm wednesday.

That way its a fair competition and nobody is given preferential treatment.

PaulMdj

Visit site
That vote would be like Turkeys voting for xmas. The fairest way possible would be everyone in the league plays at 2pm sunday and all european games are played at 8pm wednesday.

That way its a fair competition and nobody is given preferential treatment.
Except UEFA or the PL wouldn't allow it due to media rights! What day are Caraboa and F A Cup matches played?

samthom99

Visit site
Except UEFA or the PL wouldn't allow it due to media rights! What day are Caraboa and F A Cup matches played?
Right so take back control of Football and allow every game to be televised. We can all watch our teams without that stupid blackout.

Cup matches get played over the same days Wed/Sun alternated