The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Swango1980

Visit site
I disagree, remember when Walker smacked the ball against MaguireS back. He was in cloud cuckoo land. he was not even moving to put himself into position to take the ball off Walker or at least give Walker an option. He had switched off, again.
So, the Man City player is careless and smacks it against a Man Utd player, and you find a reason to blame the Man Utd player. That is hilarious.

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
A very disjointed display. Chilwell has been absolutely dreadful - one of the worst performances I have seen in an England shirt by anyone for some time. And Gallagher has brought very little to this side.

Not a great game against a very cynical opposition.

Needs a vocal experienced player in the middle to shout clear instructions to everyone and clap to give everyone encouragement. Do we have anyone who fits the bill?

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
With regards to Harry Kane, sometimes you don't realise how good a player is until he isn't there.
Didn't think much of Watkins but I thought Bowen showed promise.

Reemul

Head Pro
Visit site
The defence was dreadful, Maguire is poor, really slow and seems to lack awareness all the time. the changes in the second half really show the lack of depth in certain areas. Watkins could have done better. After 70 minutes we seemed to lack energy and pace and idea why, the Premier league is tough going for 90 minutes.

I really do feel our team is an example of our manager regardless of how good some of the players are. Also showed we are nothing up front without Kane .

No idea why he brough Mainoo on but it's a good news bullet point in a shitty performance to help back up teh press conference.

Chilwell should never see another England in a long time, I wouldn't pick him for my sons Under 14's team

PaulMdj

Visit site
Well, not the best game to watch, big gulf in ability in some of our players imo,

Stones, Bellingham, Rice were another level than anybody else.

Gordon played well on his debut.

Maguire, Chilwell & Gallagher, not for me, simply not good enough.

Watkins, disappointed as he didn’t get the service and looked isolated.

Foden, confused me, looks so comfortable on the ball in any position for City, not a good night!

Substitutions:

Konsa did OK, Bowen & Rashford did nothing, others not bad for the limited time they had.

Swango1980

Visit site
The defence was dreadful, Maguire is poor, really slow and seems to lack awareness all the time. the changes in the second half really show the lack of depth in certain areas. Watkins could have done better. After 70 minutes we seemed to lack energy and pace and idea why, the Premier league is tough going for 90 minutes.

I really do feel our team is an example of our manager regardless of how good some of the players are. Also showed we are nothing up front without Kane .

No idea why he brough Mainoo on but it's a good news bullet point in a shitty performance to help back up teh press conference.

Chilwell should never see another England in a long time, I wouldn't pick him for my sons Under 14's team
I'm surprised he left Gallagher on for so long. After his cameo in first 3 minutes, Southgate just have swapped him for Mainoo then

Reemul

Head Pro
Visit site
What is it about the channel 4 commentary, I really do not care about Brazil, about how amazing it is for Kendrick, why are we so obsessed with other teams, let's focus on England and the poor performance.

Jill Scott already has one in there about Mainoo looking assuured, exactly as I said. They can't think for themselves.

Rashford is a greedy little Turnip as well.

Everything that comes out of GS's mouth is to placate, no real depth or analysis just coporate BS. he needs to go and work for a bank, council or the nhs as a senior manager, evern better an MP.

Cole just said Chillwell did well, wtf.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Only saw the first half, Mrs took me for dinner at a Brazilian restaurant.. so they had the game on lol was weird watching it on Brazil TV

Interesting to see how we seem more forward thinking without Kane just not clinical at all

Gordon looked good 👍

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Mainoo certainly found himself more time and space in the short time he was on than the man he replaced.
I know he wasn’t on long but I can see what you’re saying about Rashford.
He had one ball with three men in the box and just ran straight into the defender and lost it.

Mainoo looked good but to late from GS.

Two hours of average footy at best and Brazil were no great shakes either.

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
I know he wasn’t on long but I can see what you’re saying about Rashford.
He had one ball with three men in the box and just ran straight into the defender and lost it.

Mainoo looked good but to late from GS.

Two hours of average footy at best and Brazil were no great shakes either.

I’m afraid that’s Rashford’s default contribution much of the time.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
So, the Man City player is careless and smacks it against a Man Utd player, and you find a reason to blame the Man Utd player. That is hilarious.
How come the ball hit Maguire in the middle of the back 🤔 coz he had his back to Walker. Yet the clip from behind the goal shows an England player 40 yards away with his hand in the Air wanting the ball off Walker. One is switched on and one isn’t. Odd how the careless player cleared the ball off the line 3 seconds earlier.