The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

GG26

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Continuing the theme of impact a player(s) and or a manager, why are Arsenal doing so well? I can’t see any one person making a significant difference. Maybe the manager has got all the players to up their game and play as a team, not as individuals.
Saw them at the King Power on Saturday. Was very impressed with them as a team. Their quick passing in tight spaces was very good indeed. Best performance from an away team that I’ve seen since Liverpool around the three seasons ago.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
It sums his winning mentality up.

I know the debate has been touched upon here regarding whether it has been Casemiro or Haaland who has improved their team most this season.

Haaland has scored a hatful of goals but I think the statistics suggest he has not improved City as a team - I believe they have scored a similar number of goals to the same point this season as last, and have conceded more.

Whilst Ten Hag has been a massive influence, Casemiro has been absolutely central to the improvement on the pitch at United. In terms of impact on the team, he beats Haaland hands down in my (admittedly rather biased) view.
I agree with you.
Haaland is a great goalscorer in a great team.
Cassimero has pulled Utd up a notch or two.
so think he has had more effect. Imho of course.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
One of the best managers in the game doesn't fancy him as much yet when Southgate didn't use him often he got slated , maybe Southgate isn't clueless as people claimed
Read post 36,670 I explained in there that Foden has had a foot injury. Its nothing to do with Pep didn’t fancy him and Southgates still clueless. One of the best managers in the game didn’t play an injured man 👍

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
It does sound like Foden has had a chronic foot/feet injury that's been impacting on his performance. Thought he looked the old Foden last night - set the place alight at times. His skill level is unreal - the one where he controlled the ball whilst airborne, not once but twice...amazing balance and awareness.

Hoping he stays fit.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Southgate sticks him out wide and ties him to the line. Give him a free role, let him sit behind Kane, get him on the ball. He looks after the ball, slips passes through. We waste him at the moment.
I do like Foden,expected him to stand out in the WC.
You’re probably right,we play too cautiously.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I do like Foden,expected him to stand out in the WC.
You’re probably right,we play too cautiously.
He had a brief spell against France near the end of the first half I think, where he came in off his line, played in the middle, and suddenly we looked a different team, he created chances, caused problems. He doesn't do raking balls, he slips them through, very much like David Silva used to. Come the second half he was stuck out wide again and was largely anonymous once more.

I also hoped this would be a big WC for him but I really don't think he was given the chance to shine.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Man United needed to play to the whistle there .. if var have got that right or not I dunno but to stop thinking it's out.. nope that's schoolboy

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Antonio showing he isn't a clever player

Great work to beat his man

Cross it for a team mate for a tap in?

Nope go for the impossible shot